Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Aunt Naomi's Shawl


Pattern:  Recuerdos de Infancia (Childhood Memories), available for purchase on Ravelry
Yarn:  Deborah Norville Serenity Garden, Roses (discontinued color)
Hook Size:  G
Comments:  While this yarn is very pretty, I would make this in a solid color the next time so you can see the stitches better. They are lost in all the colors of this yarn. Nice pattern. No problems.




I'm naming and dedicating this shawl to my Aunt Naomi, who passed away last week. I was working on this shawl while she was hospitalized and subsequently passed. I thought a lot about her while crocheting this shawl and said a lot of prayers for her and her family. She was a crochet lover like me and most of you.

My cousin sent me this picture of a pretty throw her mother made...


I'm waiting on a photo of a pineapple bedspread she crocheted for another one of her daughters.  I will post it when it comes in.



We all miss you, Aunt Naomi, but we'll see you again someday!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Pammy Sue, lovely colours in the shawl and a Beautiful memory of your Aunt..
    Hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, Pammy Sue, and a great remembrance of your Aunt Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your Aunt. The shawl is beautiful Pammy Sue - it looks quite big so I imagine it will be very warm and comforting. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pammy, I am so sorry about your Aunt's sudden passing. She would love the shawl you crocheted in her honor. It is beautiful!
    Big hug,
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss. Many prayers I'm sending your way, You shawl is so lovely.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss, Aunt Naomi sounds like quite a woman. I love that you have named a shawl after her, in the crochet world that is a very high compliment. I love the colors. You did a great job and she would be so proud of you.
    Hugs to you Pammy Sue,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shawl Pammy Sue...Wonderful tribute to your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's gorgeous--what a lovely way to honor her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful shawl! I could so see that color of yarn in a throw or afghan. SOOOO pretty!
    Thank you for sharing pictures of your aunt!
    I'm sure she was a lovely aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet tribute! It brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You now have your own prayer shawl to wear when you need comfort.

    I know that when I look at anything my grandmother crocheted, I get all warm inside, realizing my love for crochet came from her. I know it sure bypassed my mom . . LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, LOVE the pattern in the shawl . . may have to buy this pattern and make one for each of the nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice tribute. Love the purples in your shawl, but lovin' the new yarn you are working with now too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is it about shawls? They have to be my most favorite thing to crochet. This is a beaut and I'm going to check on the pattern right now. I bet your aunt would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post about your auntie, pretty shawl and so glad you were full of peace yesterday. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry about Aunt Naomi, Pammy. Gorgeous shawl that you named after her. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥