Wednesday, February 06, 2013

The Crochet Book & Atkins Links



We went to Sam's this morning and I saw this pretty little dress.  "I can crochet one like this!," I said to myself.  So I snapped a picture, and I'm going to see what I can do. Seems like it'll be easy, but I'm not going to say that and jinx myself. Looks like something the Chroma might come in handy for. Hmm.


I showed this book yesterday and Pat wanted to see more.
I've had it for over a year, and it's one of my favorites.
The book is Cute & Easy Crochet
By Nicki Trench

Here are a few of the other projects inside:





Two thumbs and two big toes up!

*************************

I didn't finish my scarf yet. It is 90 miles long and has 8,000 shell ruffles (it seems like it anyway), and I didn't have the stamina to finish last night. Maybe tomorrow.

************************

About the Atkins program I've been on...
Here are some links I use regularly:

1.  Low Carb Friends Bulletin Boards and Forum.  I click on the "Atkins Induction" link and go from there. You have to sign up to see some pages, but it's free, and I haven't been bothered by emails or SPAM from it. I don't participate in the boards, but I do read, read, read.



4.  Two blogs for recipes:  Your Lighter Side and Linda's Low Carb Recipes

5.  A lot of great low-carb links on this blog...scroll down the page a little to see them:  Raven's Low Carb Nest.

12 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love that dress..I need to get to Sams to check it out. I cannot wait to see what you come up with. I have that book also I just love it. Thanks for all the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly girl. I think you forgot the most important link....

    FREE BARS...which are too die for great if I must say....

    http://community.atkins.com/registration.aspx?mcid=dig2012semggl?utm_source=google&utm_medium=PPCsrc&utm_content=Off2wkKit&utm_campaign=branded&gclid=CPzjwczEorUCFaI-MgodwnQAhA

    Seriously, they actually do come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling dress! And the book looks like a good one too!
    XO
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't have the bars on Induction. You have to wait a couple of weeks for those. But, yes, they do send you three free bars if you sign up on that link Kate gave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty dress! I like the scarf on the first page too.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh ... I can't wait to see what you come up with for the dress. I'm sure it will be wonderful!!!! Great book, have to look for this. Love the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly a girly girl dress!
    I love that book. I started the scarf on page 68, but I never finished. Are you making the swishy one? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the dress. Its very cute. Thanks for the book info.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Pammy Sue, Some really nice patterns in the book :))
    The bag immediately took my attention.. Bag nut I am :))
    Are you making gloves to go with your scarf??
    pat:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scarf is looking lovely - look forward to seeing it finished. I have that book but haven't made anything from it as yet. Keep up your good work re the weight loss. Wish I could get more motivated - being overweight and diabetic I really should try harder. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see your version of the Sam's dress!!!! Exciting!!

    THANK YOU for the links!!

    Alright, I knew you were in TX, but where? =) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the patterns, I will have to try and find the book. I have tried the Atkins diet. My cholesterol went through the roof and my dr. about had a heart attack. Let me know if it works for you..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥