Saturday, February 16, 2013

Replacement Granny

 
No, I'm not THAT fast! I thought about the replacement Granny all day today. I decided to rummage through my old WIPs because I knew I had a few Grannies started in there. This is the first one I saw, so I grabbed it. It doesn't have much to go before it's done, and I knew I had some of the old yarn I used too. I think this is at least four years old, maybe five or six.


It's so old that it had a skein of white Red Heart SS yarn attached to it. I haven't used that for a really long time. The other three colors are Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I may be able to squeak one round of sc out of the yellow, but that's about it. I should be make a few more rounds with the red and blue. Hopefully the white yarn I have won't be too different than the Red Heart so I can make a pretty border.

I'm really happy I'm going to finish this baby. I think I heard it breathe in a deep breath of fresh air when I took it out of the Rubbermaid box it's been in for years. Tonight is the first NASCAR race of the season, so that's what I'll be doing...crocheting and watching the race.

Y'all have a nice evening. I will!

7 comments:

  1. Love that color combination together, it is just gorgeous. BTW, had your Baked Spaghetti for dinner tonight - I had forgotten how delicious that was. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!! I love it!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed yesterday's post as I was a bit confused as to why this was a replacement blanket. Poor Ollie - fancy being blamed for something he wouldn't DREAM of doing :) The colours in the replacement are very pretty and what a bonus that its almost finished - almost instant gratification. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think when you finish something that has been hanging around you feel lighter, even if you haven't thought about that project in a long time.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors Pammy Sue. I am all about "the Granny" so of course I would love this. I have so much catching up to do with all of my blogging friends. I just ramble from here to there to see what is new with everyone. I still don't feel much like posting. I don't want to scare anyone away with my sad days. I have been crocheting a bit and finding any excuse to not do a dab of house work. It has been over 4 weeks now and my heart just isn't into doing much of anything. I'm glad you got your mojo back and everything you have been working on looks great.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girlie! Love that you're finishing up wips.. I have a flower shawl that hasn't been touched in months.. Right now I'm working on a new shawl like the one you did in Deborah Norville - I'm using the blue/lavender/green one. You started a trend with that one! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something liberating about finishing a UFO!! Love these colors together, Pammy Sue.

    And, your porch looks so welcoming with your beautiful pieces to wrap up with! You know I hope there will be some other knitter/crocheter/crafter woman who will come along in the thrift stores to love our old pieces. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥