Monday, February 18, 2013

Old WIP Tah-Dah & Hair Thingies

I ended up having enough yarn to add seven rows.

(I love pointing out the dog feet in my pictures. It makes me laugh how often they are there if you look for them.)


All but one was edging.
I just made it up as I went along.

I took down my Granny Triangle Bunting and washed it yesterday.
It's hanging out to dry in the background.
Sammy just felt like being in the picture, I guess.
She stood there forever just looking at me.


So anyway, she's finished.
I'm thinking about getting another old one out and finishing it too!


I made this pretty hair scrunchy last night.
I used the pattern & tutorial HERE.
I sure miss LoveStitch since she quit blogging.
I used Stylecraft DK yarn and a size E hook.

Wanna see my dumb little ponytail?

Hee-hee
It's teeny-weenie!
That's another scrunchy I made last night.
I had to reach behind me to take the pic.
Sorry about the glare.


Worsted weight yarn, H hook,
Sc around band then 4 dc in each sc.
You're done.


****************************

I'm still plugging along on the low-carb thing. I'm still hang out at the -9.5 point. I was down a pound lower than that before I gained 5 pounds in two days for no reason at all. The Atkins book lists some medications that can mess with your weight loss on this diet. Of course, I'm on ALL of them and more. Plus, I get those steroid injections every few weeks. I had six more on Friday. So I guess I'm going to bounce around the scale more than usual. At least I'm not growing a mustache. But I'm not giving up. I feel better not eating all the sugar and white flour and pasta foods.

That's all I've got today. Back to work. I've got to pay for all my yarn some how. See ya.

18 comments:

by Teresa said...

Bravo for finishing the wips! I really like the white with the colors. Cute little scrunchy, I should make some for my gds. My dog is always in my photos too.. it's kind of funny. Don't work too hard! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Neicee said...

Ahh love the dog feet. Blanket is a beauty..Love your mini pony~!

Lynne said...

I don't know how I missed your last few posts but now I'm caught up with all the granniness. Way to go on your finish, it turned out great!
I like the red/blue/yellow combo.
I hardly ever have the patience to add such a nice big border, but it sure finishes it off nicely.

Betsy said...

Puppy feet are always fun to find. They want to be wherever you are! Congrats on finished your WIP and the scrunchie is so cute.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I love the edging.

Judi M.

Mereknits said...

The blanket is great, love the finish. The steroid shot explains a lot about the weight gain, be easy on yourself.
Hugs,
Meredith

Helsie said...

I'm sure all your medication is affecting your weight so don't give up. You're doing really well.
You need to write down that border as it is really lovely. The blanket looks sort of Native American colours doesn't it? I love it. Finishing off all your WIP seems a great option to me. You get all the satisfaction and fun of a finish.

Heather - The Good Life said...

Pretty blanket and great colors together. Congrats on your weight loss, sounds like you are doing great. Heather

Susanne said...

I think your blanket turned out DIVINE! And your washed bunting is nice and bright drying in the sun. Don't give up on your diet. If the Adkins works for you, then go for it. All diets have their drawbacks, and slow periods, so just go with the flow, it is about all one can do.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Kris said...

Pammy Sue, this is one of my favorites of yours!! I love the color combos and the edging! Love it!
Are you letting your hair grow out again?
How is you back? Did the shots help? I hope so!
Don't worry too much about the scale. It is more important how you feel!!
xo Kris

Beverooni said...

I am in love with those colors. That is just adorable and what a cute little ponytail!!!

Holly Louise said...

good job on finishing up a WIP - it looks great! Love the scrunchie too :-) fun idea!

Patti Cadwallader said...

Love the color combo on this one and the edging is delish!

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Bravo for finishing this one and I can't wait to see the one you are working on. I love that your sister has an afghan your grandmother made. I am such a sucker for passed down things! The Snowflake pattern is really pretty. I'm with you on the pattern thing. ;) hang in there with your low carb. it is going to pay off. blessings ~ tanna

Dawn Sparks said...

The Blanket looks awesome!!! Love the colors!

Tina Bryant said...

I found the pic in a google search of crochet blankets. Is there any way you could write out the edging instructions. I can do the rest but that edge makes the whole thing.

Tina Bryant said...

I found the pic in a google search of crochet blankets. Is there any way you could write out the edging instructions. I can do the rest but that edge makes the whole thing.

Pammy Sue said...

Tina, I emailed you what I think I did for the border.

Pam