Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Stuff

 
Cover of a new crochet book by Nicki Trench
Love Nick Trench
She's the whole reason I bought this book.
Here's a peek of what's inside...




I want to make this dress. I now know what I'm going to make with that Eco Duo yarn. I think I'll need a couple more skeins though. This would be a comfortable little house dress. Not sure I'd wear it out in public, but who knows? I'm going to wait until I'm finished with the weight loss.



Overall, I like the book and I'm glad I have it.


An old WIP scrap blanket for the Captain that I've picked up again and added a few more squares to. I'm really into getting out those WIPs lately. I still have my Sampler blanket to finish too! I can't believe I put it down when I was so close to finishing it. It'll be done soon. I have at least one day of just sewing in ends because I wasn't good about doing it as I went.


The Angel Eyes has made a small difference in the discoloration around his eyes, but not enough for me to be impressed. I'm going to give it a while longer before I call it a dud. Maybe his hair grows very slowly or something. The bottle I bought is almost gone, and I'm undecided as to whether I'll buy another just yet, but I'm leaning towards buying one more bottle and making up my mind at the end of that one.


I got these new dishes yesterday, and I adore them.

Got them at Target. They only had four cups, bowls, and dinner plates, so we got the plain red ones from another set to match. Today we're going to another Target to find more so we'll have a setting for 8.

Gotta run. The Captain is home today and bugging me to get dressed and go . See ya!

14 comments:

  1. Those dishes are amazing!!! What a find.

    Is it something about the end of winter/end of hibernation-mode that makes us want to finish up the old WIPs to start new things? Because I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this post is full of stuff that I love.. I might have to get that book and make those vintage lace gloves! I belong to DAR and at big events, we're supposed to wear gloves during the reception line - imagine wearing some you made! And I'm in love with that colorful set of dishes.. hmm.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I want those dishes. But, we are in the middle of a blizzard here and I don't think an adventure to Target is on the dockets for this afternoon. Round one of shoveling done, but will need to head out for another so Scott can get the Prius up the drive tonight.... yuck....TPA will not be soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book! I like the gloves pattern.
    Good luck finding the rest of your dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AN Eco Duo dress is going to be HOT! Are you sure you want to use it for that? Just wondering, although I can definitely see myself wrapped in Eco Duo love.
    Hugs and love the new dishes,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those dishes. I would have bought them too (if I had room for more dishes...hee hee!).
    Congratulations on the weight loss! Yee hAW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those dishes Pammy Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lace gloves in the book... I don't think I'd make them, but I love them all the same. And I adore the picture of Ollie, such a little sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking the Eco Duo might actually elongate as you wear it, I love it but I am not sure the dress is the way to go with it. I am using Universal Yarns Classic Shades for the sweater. It is about the same thickness as the Eco Duo it is made of acrylic and wool which makes it lighter. It is cheaper too, about $7 for 197 yards.

    Look it up online, I have made several things with this yarn, I used the greenish blue to make my crochet cardi a while back.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep I love those dishes too. Very nice. I can't wait to see the table-scape !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, that little granny square/motif top caught my eye! I'm not quite as skinny as I used to be, thanks to that dirty M-word. But I suppose I MIGHT still get away with this style (not entirely sure)... If not, then I would think you could make MORE squares for a tunic/dress length; OR, you could just add fabric for a whole differently desired choice of length and style, right?!.. LOVE the new dishes! ~teener

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can understand why you like the book, great crochet patterns :)
    Hope you find a solution for the little dog, can't be to pleasant..
    What a great pattern and colours on your crockery set.. Would it be Scandinavian?
    thanks for stopping by today :))
    Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I didn't know NT had a new book out! I have a big girlie/crochet crush on her stuff. That dress is adorable, as well as the slouch bag.
    Love the Target dishes. They always have cute kitchen stuff, but you have to get it asap or it's gone. Maybe you can find more online?
    Have fun with your WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looooooooooooooooooooove those dishes...so peppy and happy..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥