Saturday, February 09, 2013

Ugly Crochet, Pretty Crochet, and a Luncheon


These are crazy-ugly colors now that I see a picture.

Good thing I frogged it. It's dead and in the garbage. In my defense, it was going to be a scrap afghan, but still...it's too ugly for even that. I don't quite have the placement of the stitches right either.


This is what the pattern looks like.

I was trying t o stash-bust and was using two strands of worsted weight yarn doubled. It was too thick and stiff and a huge pain in the ass with a double strand. I loved the pattern though once I figured out where all the stitches go. I'll try this one again sometime.  It came out of Vanna's Favorite Gift Afghans book.


Ah, yes. This is much better.

This is the pattern I settled on. I did not double the yarn, and I only chained 125 to begin, so it'll be smaller than a regular afghan, but bigger than a baby afghan, I think. The pattern called for you to chain 203 to begin.  However I am using a much bigger hook than called for. This is Warm Wishes Afghan in the same Vanna book. I chose my own colors because I had these in my stash to burn. I'm determined to get rid of some of that huge stash of yarn. Now if I could just stop ordering new stuff! (Not going to happen)

By the way, Knit Picks lost my order for the Chroma. I never got a confirmation email, but PayPal did acknowledge my authorization to pay them. That's the second time that's happened. I wrote them a bitchy email last night. Maybe they'll at least send me a coupon for a percentage off my next order for being such a pain in the ass. I'm waiting to see what they say.

Look at this pretty shawl I found of Flickr...

Sweet Summer Shawl
By Pattygloria on Flickr
She even gives the pattern HERE.
I love the peach colors.
So pretty!

*******************************

I had lunch over at my house for my sisters and momma last Saturday. Here is a picture of the table...

My oldest sister was here visiting from San Diego for my Daddy's 80th birthday. I even broke out my wine glasses...except they had gingerale and I had a Fresca. And I got a chance to use my pretty button plates too. Those are coconut candies at the top of the plates. (I gave mine to my momma.) I later put some wafer cookies in those blue Blenko leaf bowls and made them take them when they left. Since I was on the low-carb diet, I just made us a big salad and cut up some sub sandwiches. I ate some tuna salad out of one of them and threw away the bread. It was simple but good, and we had a good time visiting.

Absolutely nothing matches. Ha-ha.
Whatever. Sue me, Martha.

Oh, and somebody asked me where I got the button jug that my flowers were in (that matches the plates in these pictures).  I ordered them from Ireland at Avoca. I don't think they have them anymore on their site, but you can Google "Avoca Button Dishes" and find some. I bought them for myself for my birthday one year.
*************************

I'm gonna crochet all day. Those are my big plans...drink hot tea and crochet. Life is good.

7 comments:

  1. That shawl is so lacy, are you going to make it? People keep wanting me to make a shawl like the one I made that you made.. I tried to find a button pitcher but the one place I found them won't ship out of the UK! Your lunch looks divine.. it's great that your mom and sister are close enough to come for lunch. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Pammy Sue. I LOVE the colors in the first photo!!! They immediately caught my eye on the sidebar of my blog! LOL! Just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like your other colors too, but that first pairing really got my attention. ;) Enjoy your crochet and tea! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Pammy Sue! And why no pics of sisters and Mom? Now I'm afraid to order from Knit Picks!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorothy ~ Yes, round three of the border should be deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. about 2 years ago you had a dinner roll recipe on your blog...They were really good. I have a new computer and lost the recipe...Do you happen to have it? It was a pan type roll ...It was the best. I would love to have it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy, I sent you an email with a recipe and a link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice that you can have your mom and sister for lunch ... I wish I could do that ... They are 6,000 miles away :( pretty shawl you found it are you going to make it ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥