Thursday, February 07, 2013

Isn't She Lovely?







Pattern:  Swishy Scarf, Cute & Easy Crochet, Nicki Trench
Yarn:  2 balls of Chroma by Knit Picks in Smoothie

Before I started this scarf, I went to Ravelry to see others that have made it and read their comments. I do this a lot before I start a project and it has really helped me. The very first thing I noticed was that none of the scarves these people made looked like the pattern. Quite frankly, most of them looked a mess compared to the scarf pictured in the pattern. RED FLAG! I saw only two other people that mentioned this fact in their comments. So I was really mindful while crocheting it and following the instructions to look at the picture of the scarf and make sure it was jiving. Sure enough, the scarf shown is not crocheted the same as the instructions are written. I posted the corrections on my Ravelry page and have listed them below also.

Pattern Changes:

Round 3:  Delete this row all together.
Round 4:  5 sc into ch-3 space; rep from to end, join with a ss into first sc from previous round.
Round 5:  Crochet as written.
(You will end up with only 4 rounds.)

22 comments:

  1. That scarf is awesome!! You will get tons of comments when you were that! My shawl is still getting attention whenever I wear it. I'm off to a meeting soon.. gads, I've been gone every day this week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. LOVE the scarf, and that 16-spoke doily is still one of my most favorite ones I've ever made!.. I did finally get around to crocheting the hanging hearts; so addicting they are! On to making a couple of children's hats now! ~teener

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I like it. I really do. Great colors for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarf...Bet it will look great on you. I love wearing scarves

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is beautiful. I love the colours. It looks really elegant.

    Groetjes, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I really need to order some of that yarn. By the way, I love the pink and white doily in the picture. Assuming you made that, of course. Do you have a reference to the pattern? I'm needing a little Easter gift for my MIL, and I think she would love something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. I do the same thing on Ravelry.. and also when I get recipes on line too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is lovely indeed.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! I love those colors! In the grey of winter, I am starved for color and this just makes me want to sing! Was it fun to make? It looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a lovely job. I bought the same book and haven't had time to crochet anything in it yet. Lovely job! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful,Frilly and girly :) love the flowers by the way ..
    Will check it out thanks for making the pattern changes for us :)) Have a great day ..
    pat..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! I am really liking that Chroma!!! Glad you figured out the difference with your scarf between the desired outcome and the pattern. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a happy scarf! It's beautiful. Congrats on deciphering and correcting the pattern. It looks great.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Pam that is beautiful, I made that scarf a few months back, its stuck in the bottom of my yarn bag, did not look anything like yours, I love it
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this scarf. Such a pretty color. I also like to read Ravelry comments before I start a pattern. I wrote your changes on a post it note and stuck it in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Gorgeous! Yummy! Colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous. When you said to leave out round 3, is that on the border or the middle bit. I have that book and would like to write in the correction so I'll know when I get around to making one for myself. After seeing yours, it's a definite WIM. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Thank you so much for sharing the correction on this pattern! I was quite surprised by what I got following the instructions. It's nice, but I would also like to have one that looks like that shown in the photographs! :)
    Guess I will have to start all over again now and have two swishy scarves instead of just one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥