Thursday, February 28, 2013

All Yummy


I "stole" Teresa's picture of the yarn yesterday for my laptop desktop so I could stare at it. So pretty. I confessed to her last night, and she promptly went and put the picture on her desktop too! What a bunch of yarn hos we all are. Ha-ha.

I'm a dish ho too.
We got the extra dishes we needed at another Target.
They are sitting pretty in my cabinet now.
Almost as good as a cupboard full of yarn, huh?

I made Kris' Thai Chicken Salad last night for dinner.
I replaced the carrots & edamame (carbs)
With red and green bell pepper.
We loved it.

I juiced my limes for the dressing in my little Oster electric juicer.
I love this little thing.

The vibrant green Cilantro-Lime dressing.
(I used Splenda instead of sugar)

I'm addicted to this Diet Frostie Root Beer.
I finally found some that uses Splenda instead of Aspertame.


It has to be really, really, icy cold to minimize the aftertaste of fake sugar.
Slurp-slurp...foamy root beer mustache good.

*****************************
So far, I have a free day today.
All caught up on work.
No errands to run.
I hope it stays that way so I can...
DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
In my jammies all day.
Do you think I can?
Youbetcha.
Bye.

12 comments:

  1. Yep, a little jealous of the 'jammies all day' potential. I guess I had my chance yesterday while being snowed in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that shot of the yarn too!! Maybe I should go steal it as well? So glad you liked the salad. It is a good one!!! You have a juicer similar to mine. Mine is a Dazey, and a work horse! I have had it for many years, and it has juices a thousand gallons of oranges!! They don't make it anymore, and I am so worried it will conk out on me!!!
    Enjoy your jammy day!!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris
    PS Glad you found the dishes. Those are so pretty!!!! I am a dish ho too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hos unite!

    Your dishes are very similar in color to all your healthy foods! Very appropo! I love the look of that full cupboard.

    Hos...unite!

    Love those yarn colors too! Yummmmm-eeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lot of similar "ho-nesses". I love dishes too! I'm so glad you told me about putting my yarn photo on your desktop, I did it too an the bright yarny colors are making me so happy! But wow, I emailed the shop and asked them how much that skein is... and it's $27.50!!! LOL! Enjoy your day, I know yarn will be part of it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want those dishes. I so want cleaned cabinets. I so want to find that Root Beer with Splenda, you are one lucky gal today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate ...... its 1pm here and I'm still in my jammies too. We all seem to like being in our jammies - wouldn't it be nice if we could wear them to the supermarket, yarn shopping etc. ??? Love your dishes - they look so 'homely' sitting there in your cabinet. Enjoy the rest of your day xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love all the colours you have.. from the yarn to your salad.. :))
    Stay in your jammies what a cool way to do the house work :))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What eye candy you gave us today. Loved it all -- especially the dishes. Are you still working from home? I never hear you talk about it anymore. Anyway, loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ran right out and bought some root beer with Splenda.
    Good thing I wasn't near a Target, I would have been tempted to buy those dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having quite a bit of fun myself....CLEANING!!!!! It use to take me a week to clean my whole house, then as time went by it was a week to clean one room.....now, lordy, it took me a week to clean 1 closet....there were interruptions, I must say, but once I get detoured in to doing something else then I need to be jump-started to get back to the job I was originally doing in the first place. Looks like you are still having fun. That yarn is awesome, but oh my, so expensive!
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I found this blog so I can geek out with other "yarn hoes"! haha
    Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out the giveaway for a $50.00 giftcard to Shabby Apple!
    http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, You crack me up!! Yarn Ho, dish ho!!! Lovin' your projects. Getting caught up on your posts. Congrats on the weight loss my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥