Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wasting Time


I looked out onto my back porch a few minutes ago and saw Ollie snuggling with Janie on the glider. That is Janie's favorite spot in the sun. She will stay outside by herself all day in that glider, even when it's a little chilly. Fletch loves it outside too, and he loves it that she is out there with him. Otherwise, he would reluctantly come in. That boy loves company.


Here's a little closer look at Ollie & Janie.

Ollie looks like he has a fat body in that picture, but it's an illusion because he's pressing up against her. He is super-skinny with long stick legs. He still weighs just 7 lbs.


Chinese Beef Soup
(I had just added the bok choy leaves)


It was really good and tummy warming!

Next time, I'm going to use beef broth instead of chicken and see what the difference is. I was surprised that it called for chicken broth since it had beef in it. Weird. Here's the recipe for you. I'll be making this again.

Chinese Beef Soup (Low Carb)

1 lb ground hamburger meat
1 small onion
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 carton of sliced fresh mushrooms
1 head of bok choy, leaves & stems separated, washed, then chopped
32-oz carton of chicken broth (or beef)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
Black or white pepper to taste

Brown hamburger, onion, and garlic until done. Add mushrooms and bok choy stems and cook and stir until the bok choy begins to soften, about five minutes. Add broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add bok choy leaves and warm through. It's ready!



For supper we had hot chicken salad over open-faced Oopsie rolls and a pickle spear on the side. Yum! The Captain stole the leftovers and took them to work today.


One day last week when it was overcast and froggy (yes, I know it's foggy, but I like to say froggy because my Daddy always does), I snapped this picture in our backyard. I didn't even notice the birds until I looked through my pictures later. I just held the camera over my head and the fence and snapped.

I need to go finish up really, really, really, really boring transcript. There is hardly anything worse than listening to somebody yammer on and on about something really boring, especially when they think it's not, hence the yammering. Nerdy tax people. Kill me now, Poindexter.

8 comments:

  1. Ok been out of the loop the chicken salad looks amazing what is an oopsie roll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so what are Oopsie rolls? They look yummy!
    tembmurray@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy Sue, were you sending me some mental telepathy? This is your "old" friend from Oklahoma, Keri. I have been thinking about you and Bev a lot lately, and this week, I kept telling myself I was going to jump on and see what the heck you've been up to. I know it's been a long time . . . way too long. I was a basket case for the entire year after my sister's death, and even still, after 2 years, I have my pity parties. But, life is better than it was. Anyway, I read back through all your posts, back to October, and girl, all I can say is that I've missed you so much. I will leave it at that for now. If you have the same email you had a couple of years ago, I will email you. Just want you to know it was so good reading your posts, and I plan on being a regular once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a good day.. you're so adventurous with your cooking.. I wish I was more like you that way. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks really good! And Janie and Ollie look like best buddies!
    The photo in the "frog" looks like you purposely took it of those birds. Neat picture.
    I am worse today. Think it is going into bronchitis, which it often does with me. Tomorrow I will have to go get meds.
    : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'd have loved to be sitting in that sunshine, too! =)

    thank you for another recipe!! Hope your transcript is all done and you are on to something more fun. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner looked yummy. And I really like the picture... Isn't nature amazing. How fun that the birds just decided to pass by so they could stay on your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is the recipe for the hot chicken salad??? It looks amazing. Let me know when you get your yarn order.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥