Friday, January 11, 2013

Teas & A Breakthrough


I wasn't real impressed with the Chai tea yesterday, but it was good and smelled great. My favorite is still the Earl Grey. I was disappointed in the Stash Double Bergamot Earl Grey. I expected it to be stronger (I don't know, DOUBLE-strong, maybe?), but it wasn't. Bigelow Earl Grey is just the best. I've tried the Twinnings Earl Grey K-cups, but they are not good at all.

I had a mug of coffee yesterday and felt sick about 3/4 of the way through it. I kinda felt sick all day after that. I don't know what has happened to my coffee love. It just went away and it makes me nauseous now. Weird.


An Oopsie roll toasted in the toaster with a schmear of buttah.
YUM.
Be careful because they brown really fast.


Buffalo Chicken, Celery Sticks, and Ranch

The chicken is coated in crushed pork rinds (no carbs) and Parmesan cheese (very low carbs) before frying and then tossed in Frank's Red Hot. They were great. The Captain was a happy man last night at dinner. He has lost 5 lbs in 5 days. I'm still not weighing until Sunday morning, but I can feel the skinny taking me over. Haha. Really, I can.

Food yesterday:

9:30: Coffee w/Truvia & cream
1:00: Cauliflower Cheese Soup and an Oopsie Roll w/butter
3:00: 3 dill pickle spears, 3 bites of summer sausage
6:00: Buffalo Chicken w/Ranch & celery
Midnight: Raspberry Jello Fluff (recipe yesterday)

****************************

BREAKTHROUGH!
I crocheted last night for three hours.
Finished project revealed soon.
It's just a lovely little project.
I can't wait to share it.

Buh-Bye!

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the recipe for the chicken. I am also trying to stay away from the carps and sugar. Boy is it tough, but nothing that's good for us ever is. I don't think I am doing as well as you. Looking forward to hearing about your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anddddd...she's BACK! Good job on the skinny thing.. wish I had a magic wand to bring some of that on me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that you felt like crocheting again - looking forward to seeing what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BEST teas I know are from Harney & Sons. Reasonably priced for loose tea, and wonderful.

    http://www.harney.com/

    Just a very satisfied cussie.

    Glad you're back crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI . . . and you might know this already. The original Buffalo Wings from the Anchor Bar, here in Buffalo, have no coating . . ie no carbs.

    Also, the husband and I found that we can bake the wings in the oven, I suppose one could par boil before if they wanted, then toss in Franks with a little melted butter. (We have started using Olivio or the Land O'Lakes version of Olivio . . LOVE IT ! ! ! !)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a tease! Hurry up and ta Dan it already! Earl is THE best...good ol' Earl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, my dear, are a tease!!! I am over the moon that you crocheted though. Let's get our Katie girl back in the yarny saddle now!!!
    I used to live next door to a couple who were in the states for a short time for work. They were from England. She taught me all about tea. They drank loose leaf, and it was a mixture of Earl Grey and Typhoo. It was soooo good. She boiled the water in a kettle on the stovetop. Then poured the hot water into a tea pot, one scoop for each person drinking the tea, and one for the pot. Put the tea cozy on, and give it a turn for good luck. Sit and chat a bit, and then pour the brewed tea over a strainer, into a cup with milk! Heavenly!!! How I miss her!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Crochet, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are going really well here :))
    and crocheting to boot, well done :))
    I have to agree with KRIS, loose leaf tea is the best so nice to drink it from a cup :))
    Happy crocheting :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear that you're crocheting again - looking forward to the ta-da moment. Good luck with your weigh-in on Sunday - I reckon you've done real well but I don't know how you can exist with so little food !! Good onya. I love the sound of oopsie rolls - have no idea what they are but they sound and look delicious. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having an iPad, but I REALLY don't like that it spell checks what I write and changes my words when I'm not vigilantly watching its every move. That comment of mine above said ta da when I wrote it...and not ta Dan! Dang it! I just came back to snoop any more recent comments and realized what mine said! Sheeeeesh! I'm such a spelling snoot - and to think that I'm leaving messes around the internet because of that iPad makes me angry! OK, just had to say all that! Still awaiting the ta da!!!! Hugs!!!! And I'm so glad your hook gave you some happiness again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I fell in love with Harney & Son's Earl Grey this Christmas. I like to just smell the can! LOL!

    Look forward to seeing that project.

    blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you tried Whit Tea? It is my new love, smoother than Earl Grey which is my old love. Hooray for the hook in hand, I knew you would pick it up soon. Can't wait to see what you made.
    Hugs to you and Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. ps I use an old Canon Rebel. My daughter is sure we need to upgrade. I think it would be one more thing to learn how to use! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried those oopsie rolls and they turned out great! I wish I could give up coffee. I think it's doing a number on my stomach.
    Finger crossed for your weigh-in. Men always lose faster than women, damn them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the hearts you made! Your new computer companion is so sweet, and the soup sounds to die for!.. Wishing you and yours a blessed and very Happy New Year.. Oh, and yes, if you could post/send me a copy/link for the two-page directions for the hearts, I would really appreciate it! Enjoy your weekend! ~teener

    ReplyDelete
  17. You must try TETLEY brand Earl Grey tea. It is really good! I love Earl Grey tea too but thought the Bigelow brand was not as good as the Tetley brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥