Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ta Dah! + Lots to Tell

Oh my, oh my, where do I start?

I have so much to show and tell. I think I'll save a little for Sunday's post. But for now...

TA-DAH!





Aren't they sweet? They are Rose Heart Hangers from Lucy at Attic 24. All the pattern links are there. Scent them with essential oils or by stuffing them with dried lavender or potpourri and then hang them on a hanger in your closet, or just hang them anywhere you want. What beautiful little gifts. I had a ball making mine. They took me about three hours each. I love the cream one with the muted peach rose. Yay! Ask me nice, and I will send you the patterns all nice and neat in a 2-page document.


Here is a pic of my cauliflower cheese soup. I can't tell you how good this is. I wouldn't dare eat anything this decadent and rich and fatty unless I was on this low-carb (Atkins) diet. It's to die for. This is my version of the recipe and has only four ingredients (minus the garnishes).

Low-Carb Cauliflower Soup

1 16-oz bag frozen chopped cauliflower
1 32-oz box chicken broth
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy cream

Boil cauliflower in chicken broth until soft.  Do not drain.  Turn down to medium-low heat and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth, or you can use a potato masher and keep some chunks.  I like it smooth. You could use an electric mixer too.  This needs no salt or seasonings.

Add 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese and stir until melted.  Add 1 cup of cream and stir to combine.  Continue heating, stirring constantly, until warmed through. (I topped with real bacon bits and chopped green onions.)

You can substitute broccoli for the cauliflower for broccoli soup too.  They are both delicious.

***************************

Lookie what I found on my front porch yesterday...


How cute is she??


I squealed when I opened the box and saw her sitting in there in a plastic bag. It was a total surprise from Kat over at Chain Stitch Crochet (formerly Hookin' With Mr. Lick-Lick -- I loved that name). I just love her, Kat. Thank you so much! I'm leaving her sitting on top of my monitor for the time being. I'm going to think of a name for her over the next couple of days. I'm sure one will come to me the longer she sits there and keeps me company. She is so well-done. What a cutie!

I'm saving the rest for tomorrow. If you loved the knitted owl shawl as much as I did, you won't want to miss  it! O.M.G.

I'm off to drink my tea. It's been steeping the whole time I've been making this entry. Oh, and thanks for the tea info and recommendations, Everybody!

20 comments:

  1. MMMMMMM and cute!

    I mailed you off some tea this morning. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doll is a cutie. That Kat makes the cutest dolls in the world!

    Your rose sachets got me thinking of Valentine's day, but I need to put them in the back of my mind. This year I am trying to keep all my ducks in a row and not end up with so many projects in my "corner hole." I just cleaned it out yesterday and want to keep it that way for as long as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh, love the hearts. I just finished one too! What a great find from Kat. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pammy, they are adorable! I saw them on Lucy's blog. They are on my list of things to do as well. Maybe today, as I am nursing a cold! Me and the dogs are still in bed. Greg went up to the cabin to check on things.
    Your soup looks good. You are doing it girl!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay....I must be a total idiot! I don't get that pattern? I am on the flickr page that Lucy's site referred to. I don't get it? I am such a dork!!!!!!
    GRRRR!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Hearts, such pretty colours! And the soup looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I'll be making it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please send me the heart pattern all nice and neat.. thank you! I am working on a funny kitty crochet thing for my grandkids... will show that when it's done. Your soup looks yummo!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:48 PM

    pammy sue...your positive spirit is emanating from your words and activities loud and clear!...it is wonderful...your hearts are adorable...i think my favorite is the purple...thank you for the soup recipe...looks scrumptious...ceci

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need to post this.

    I'm not doing low carb. If anything I am doing high protein because of the surgery but I can't eat bread anymore. It's too dense so I'm anxious to try the Oopsies. I miss bread more than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh I would love to have that pattern, those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The soup sounds delicious! I think I'll make it one day when my son comes over. Love the hearts too. Please, please share the pattern... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty darn cute. Pretty darn yummy looking. So....what surprise do you have in store for us tomorrow. Hints please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just looking at Lucy's heart last night on Attic 24 and then BAM you made a bunch. They look awesome!
    Going to try that soup....

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely!
    And you sound chipper. Love that. You are such a sweetie you deserve to be chipper♥
    The soup looks very yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where to start :)) I love love love the heart and rose.. So beautiful :))
    and that soup is to die for... I Know i really do..
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pammy Sue,
    Enjoying you being back. :o)
    Your heart and roses are so very very cute.
    Please do send me the pattern.
    Continued success with your LCing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The hearts are w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l!!! Love that they are scented, too!! Pammy Sue, that bowl of soup has me wanting to investigate the Atkins diet! You will have to keep us posted on how it works. The little doll is just TOO CUTE! Lucky you! Enjoyed my visit. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh i love the sachets, could I borrow a copy all nice and neat? I appreciate you figuring them all out, I may need help....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy to see you're "into" crocheting again :-) I would LOVE to have the neat pattern....I think they'd be great little Valentine's day gifts to send to a few family members as well... hljweston@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous..I am so glad your hooking again! I did not realize your on a low carb diet. Everything looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥