Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Rainy, Flowery, Dorky Days


Aren't they purdy?

I bought these at Target yesterday for a treat. I rarely ever buy myself flowers, but I really do enjoy them when I do. I fretted over spending $5.99 on them, but they were the cheapest ones. Can you believe I was so cheap? I really wanted the peachy roses, but I refrained because they were $10 more. Maybe when I lose that first 20 lbs I'll do that for myself. These smell really good too. I can smell them when I walk by. Anybody know what they are? Maybe a daisy of some kind?

It was a rainy, soggy, dark, cold day yesterday. It's the same today, and I'm absolutely loving it. The Captain is not working today, and I just asked him to light a fire. If you're looking for me, I'll be in the cozy house with the dark brick and smoke coming out of the chimney.


The Taco Salad I made for lunch yesterday.


Does that look great or what?
It was!

But I only ate about 2/3 of it. By the way, the plates I'm eating off of are the smaller ones, not the dinner-size plates. So it might look like a giant platter of food, but it's really not as big as it looks, although the Corelle salad plates are bigger than other salad plates. I love Correlle plates and bowls. They're not as heavy as the Stoneware-type stuff. I hate using those heavy things.


I also found these at Target yesterday. "Pepperoni-flavored sausage bites." They're very similar to the taste of a Slim Jim. The Captain said he got hungry while working yesterday and stopped at 7-11 and bought a hunk of cheddar and a Slim Jim. So when I saw these, I grabbed them. Then I ended up eating a handful with some cheddar for my dinner. I sucked every bit of flavor out of these little things. They are so good. It was supposed to just be a snack, but I never got hungry again after I ate these at 6:00. I really need to start eating more food, but like I said, I just haven't been hungry. 

Food yesterday:

9:30: 2 cups Earl Grey tea with cream & Truvia
11:30: Taco Salad
5:00: Club soda and lime
6:00: Little sausages & cheddar


And now my dorky side. I bought this white medicine bag when we were in Santa Fe in October. It's filled with some special things of mine. You're supposed to keep things in it that are dear to you, especially things from nature, like a shell, rock, gemstone, animal hair bundle, animal teeth, dried flowers or leaves, etc. I keep mine hanging on the lamp next to my bed after sleeping with it under my pillow for the first few days. Indians wore them for protection, good hunting, good luck, etc, but I'd look pretty dumb walking around with that thing on my neck or strapped to my waist. You're not supposed to reveal what's inside yours to other people so I'm not showing you exactly what's inside mine. They're supposed to be good for your soul, and besides, I just love it. It's handmade, real leather, and sooooo soft and fringey and just cool.

I see you raising your eyebrows at me. Don't act all surprised. You knew I was a dork.

10 comments:

by Teresa said...

I think the flowers are Chrysanthemums, but that's just a guess, I'm no expert. We're heading to Costco to get salad stuff today.. you're a good influence. And there's nothing dorky about leather pouches and good lucky.. love yours! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Tina said...

Yes...I know you are a dork and that is what is so cool about you! Love you Pamelina!!! -Teener

Mereknits said...

I love the pouch, it has meaning and I am all about that. Love the flowers, too. Eat more, I bet you are not eating near enough calories and you don't want your body to think it is starving itself and make your metabolism slow down.
Hugs,
Meredith

The Garden Bell - Kate said...

You are right on track. That taco salad is perfect. See, it's easy-peasy to eat right. But, I must keep my eyes peeled for those little snacks. Flowers are a sweet treat, great idea.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Then, I must be a dork,too! I LOVE your little medicine bag! =)

I've started today trying to cut back some on my intake. Dog-gone post-holiday pounds! ;)

Thanks for visiting today so I could find my way back here. blessings ~ tanna

glor said...

The flowers are beautiful! And your meals look really good. Good for you! Proud of you. I have to do the same thing, get on track. You're giving me incentive to get going.

Dorothy said...

You might be dorky but you're a nice dork !! I don't know what those flowers are but they look beautiful - such gorgeous colors. Good luck with your weight loss and keep in mind that lovely big bunch of flowers. xoxox

Helsie said...

Well at least you're a nice dork !!!!!

TACIStudio said...

You are doing such a great job on what you eat... Good way to start the new year. Love the flowers! They brighten your life :)

Sharon GARDNER said...

It looks like you're in good company because most of us admit to liking your post and being dorks too. :)