Thursday, January 10, 2013

Owls & Rainbow Roses

I have to go back to the dentist at 11:00 this morning for those three fillings, so I'm gonna make this a quick one, although I found several things I wanted to talk about today. I hope I can remember them all, which I will never do. Why don't I write these things down?

FIRST (Crochet related; okay, knit)...

Go over to Tanna's and see this shawl. I'm having a fit over here. I haven't seen anything I like this much in a very long time. I'm just pissed that it's knitted and not crocheted. Some day I will learn that craft, I swear!  The Brick Street Bungalow  And thank you for visiting and commenting, Tanna! I was so happy to see that you were here. Her blog is beautiful, y'all. Look for her owl pictures while you're there. They are so cool, and they're right in her backyard! Here, I'll go ahead and give you the link to some: Winkin', Blinkin' and Bobbin

SECOND...


Rainbow Rose

This is NOT photoshopped; it's real. I'm just mad that they're so expensive and you can't buy a bush that just grows them without dye injections and creating a full-blown science project in your backyard. Here is an article all about them: Rainbow Roses  I'm not rich enough to just buy a bunch either...$300+ for a dozen!

I've gotta go put on pretty eye make-up for the dentist and dental assistant to look at for an hour and a half. I'm so considerate to people who are going to drill into my head. I'm fretting, as usual. I don't wanna go!

Food yesterday:

9:30:  1 mug of Chai Tea w/Truvia & cream (picture of what I used tomorrow)
10:30: 1 boiled egg, leftover taco salad w/Ranch dressing
2:00: Raw cauliflower w/Ranch, 2 oopsie rolls w/butter
5:45:  Fried Queso Blanco w/Rotel tomatoes (Queso Blanco fried until dark brown in a bit of olive oil)
Midnight:  Sugar-free Jello Fluff (Lg sbox SF Raspberry Jello dissolved in 2 c. boiling water and mixed with 8 oz cream cheese)

I'm out of time! Have a fabulous Thursday.

7 comments:

  1. You need to learn to knit woman! Then when these awesome projects "speak" to your soul, you will be able to make them.

    Even if there was a pattern for these in crochet, I think it would not look the same. That's one of the reason why I learned to knit. Some things just have to be knitted and some things just have to be crocheted.

    It's super east to earn to knit. Seriously, if I could learn to knit (being left handed) then you can, too....you are way smarter than I'll ever be! So pick up those knitting needles and get cracking. :)

    Oh, and if you do try this shawl, make sure you use a size 4 yarn, worsted weight and not the thin yarn called for in the pattern.

    I love Tanna's blog by the way. She's super awesome!

    Hugs and blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your post yesterday! You are doing SO good on your diet!! I made something similar last night too. I cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot, seasoned with salt and pepper, lots of minced garlic, and smoked paprika, for 5 hours on hi. I shredded it and used it for tostadas. SO good!!!
    I will go check out that blog you mentioned. Your nails are so pretty!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I miss something about owls in your post? I thought it was interesting that you were going to talk about owls, as last night we had two in our woods that were hooting back and forth to each other.. love hearing them. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very considerate, love the owl shawl, I do knit so it is a definite possibility for me. You need to learn to knit, it will allow you to play with yarn in a whole new way.

    Good luck at your appointment,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Pammy Sue!! You know all of the "fibre addicts" I know are enablers... we all get caught up in all the projects we see each other doing. Spreads like wildfire! ;) One of my knitter friends was saying today that her husband said he was bored; we all raised our eyebrows immediately! We are all afraid we won't live long enough to knit all the patterns we have on our long lists!! ;) Yes, join the madness. Thank you again for your kind words!! Hope your appointment went well. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shawl is so gorgeous and doesn't look all that difficult. Wish I knew where the pattern came from. What a stunning rose - no wonder they cost so much though. Hope the dentist wasn't too cruel. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours in that rose, but $300 is a little out of my range.. lol I will have to be content to see the pic :))

    Congrats on your change of eating habit :)) they say that now don't they. the word diet is left out.. I am trying also, so lets see how we go :))
    Thanks for stopping by today :))
    Hugs ..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥