Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Evening, Fridge, and Food


This is how I spent my evening yesterday. In my jammies, rag mags, and Mahjong on my Kindle Fire.  Ahh!  Lovely.  I had just eaten the biggest Subway salad you've ever seen with some blue cheese dressing.  Man, those things are big when you dump them out onto a big plate.


The Captain got on a tear and cleaned out the fridge this morning. You didn't think I'd show it to you otherwise, did you? The main reason was to show you our new egg merry-go-round thingy. Do you see it in there? When I saw Teresa's the other day, I just had to have one too...


I have it alone on the shelf so you can see it better. I'm sure it will be mostly hidden with jars and food containers soon. We were worried about it taking up too much room, but we have a second refrigerator in the garage for extra storage, so no worries. I bought this one HERE.


This low-carb pizza was fantastic! I made this on Sunday night and we ate it watching the Golden Globes. The crust is made from eggs and Mozzarella cheese. Then I added some leftover taco meat, a sprinkling of Feta cheese, onion, a small amount of leftover Rotel tomatoes, and Muir Glen pizza sauce (low-carb). This will definitely be on the menu here again. The low-carb food you can make now is amazing!

Low-Carb Pizza Crust
makes a 16" pizza

3 cups Mozarella cheese
3 whole eggs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil

Preheat oven to 450 F. Spray your pizza pan or cookie sheet and set aside. Mix eggs until well-combined.  Add spices and cheese.  Mix well and dump onto your pizza pan. Press evenly over pan to shape your crust. Bake 15 min until really brown. Remove from oven and top with low-carb sauce and toppings. Broil until toppings are hot. Eat it and be amazed.

Most of the recipes I've been using are from the Low-Carb Friends message boards.


Look how great my flowers still look! I had no idea they would last this long. By the way, I looked them up on the Innernets, and they are purple daisies.

*************************

If you requested Lucy's Rose Heart Hanger pattern that I have in a 2-page document and didn't get it, request it again. I have sent them all out. Make sure I have your email. If you didn't get it, that's probably why.

I'm sick of listing out my food unless anyone is getting anything from it. I will continue posting recipes that I try that are good. Will anyone be devastated if I don't do that anymore? Ha.

Later, Taters
(Mmm...potatoes!)

14 comments:

  1. Love the recipes you post . . I know, then, that these are recipes that will work and do taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good evening to me!!! I don't know how to play Mahjong.
    Your fridge is so tidy! Way to go Cap!
    The pizza looks divine! Most of all, thank you for helping me with the heart pattern!!! So love making these!!!
    xo Kris
    PS Must get egg thingie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your RED Egg carousel! You have the perfect place in your fridge for it! Now you need to find some country eggs for it.. do you have a farmers market there? Kris enjoyed your heart patterns.. I got mine and can't wait to try one. I've got to finish this crazy cat I'm making. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back on the low carb thing a loose a few lbs. That recipe looks good! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the food posts, esp when they are for something like pizza that doesn't require wheat flour! Jonathan is allergic to Gluten and the GF pizza crusts from the store cost a FORTUNE!!! I've already shared the oopsie rolls recipe with him too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red carousel, but it does take up a whole shelf there missy. I'm saving my space for some fun pickles. Looks like you are getting the whole carb thing down. Soon it will be a life style and not a thing to worry about daily. This week is a busy one, but I'll be around. Hmmmm....pizza...will have to give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooops, just spotted the EAS shakes on the top shelf. Yum-o. Had one this morning in fact after a double whammie workout at jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...Nope not devastated Pammy Sue! But any time you wanna throw a recipe out here.. that would be super. You do have yummy stuff!
    Stay cozy. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick hello! And an atta girl for your sticktuitiveness! The weeks add up as do the pounds lost and pretty soon you're scratching your head and trying to remember the weeks that brought you to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy looking at your recipes. That pizza one sounds good. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really have to try the pizza recipe... Big thanks for all the recipe shares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the "tested and tried" recipes you are posting!! =) Thank you!! Your purple daisies are so cheerful!! Love that they are long-lasters, too. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I need that egg thing my neighbors have chickens and I have a ton of eggs. Can you get the internet pretty well on the kindle fire? Like surf the web like a regular computer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you think about it, please send me Lucy's Rose Heart Hanger pattern. Thanks doll! I'm all caught up with you again. Love the pics of the babies...always! And glad you've lost some weight. I desperately need to also, but mine is not from eating a lot, it's from no exercise. I don't eat much and maintain the weight I am. :o( I love your bobble blankie...was it a pain in the arse to do the bobbles? I can see where it would eat yarn. I'm not a fan of bobbles. At least not right now anyways. :o) Hope you're doing good! And hey...I would have loved that love seat! You should have crocheted some arm rest covers and somehow attached them. Or called the Red Cross. Isn't that who helps people like those that lost stuff in the fire? Ok, sorry for the book here.....lol. xoxox and PS/ I am definitely trying that low carb pizza!!! MMMMM :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥