Sunday, January 06, 2013

Low Carbing It

Ugh...I know, I know. I've said 100 times that I'm not going to diet anymore, but here I am doing it AGAIN!  It makes me mad just to type it.

BUT...let me tell you, low-carb eating isn't what it used to be in the 70s! I just made some "buns" that are .6 carbs each (legal on Atkins Induction Phase), and they are fantastic!

LOOKIE...


I know!
Aren't they gorgeous?
It took me all of five minutes to get them in the oven.


Three ingredients:
Eggs
Cream Cheese
Cream of Tartar


I made an egg and cheese sandwich.
OMG, delish!
Gluten-Free.

HERE is the recipe, along with tons of others.

You can make sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, whatever you want. Do I sound a little too excited to you? Tough titties! I need to be excited to stay on any kind of "diet". I'm going to see how much weight I lose in 14 days, and then I'll determine if I'll stay on it. (Of course I will, but it's a game I play with  myself.) The Captain has agreed to participate with me.

I have a great-looking Egg Drop Soup recipe I'm dying to try next. I have two big heads of cauliflower in my fridge just waiting to be used in some other good recipes too. I love cauliflower. Have you tried it roasted? YUM. I still have tons of no-carb/low-carb recipes to go through.

************************


No more Cheez-Its for me at night?
Sorry, Ollie...no more Cheez-Its.

Did you know that ever since we had sweet little Ollie-Wally's nuts disposed of he's turned into a real ASSHOLE?? It's true! He's acting just like a real Chihuahua. Mr. Attitude, growling, snipping, and kicking all the other dogs asses on a daily basis. They give him a wide berth when they walk around him. And don't you dare bother him once he's gone to bed and gotten under the covers. You'll draw back a nub! Jeez.

Speaking of Ollie, I was looking around the Innernets to see what I could use to get those tear stains off of his eyes. One site had THE DUMBEST suggestion I have ever heard. It said mix baking soda and peroxide into a paste and apply it around his eyes, being careful not to get any IN his eyes. And then the dumb part...leave it on for TWO HOURS and rinse. Hahahaha! I don't know WTF kind of dog you have, Sir, but no dog is going to leave that on his eyes for two freakin' hours without getting some in his eyes and rubbing it all off! GAWD. Moron.

Supposedly there is something you can buy as a food additive that will make their tears not stain like that, but I don't want to feed my dog any chemical like that. I'm skeered he will get cancer or grow an extra tail or something. His eyes are clean as a whistle, but he now has 17 toes!

****************************

Anyway, I can do this low-carb thing for two weeks EASY. You'll be along for the ride. If you don't want to see a bunch of low-carb food, you might want to stay away for a while. I'm going to be posting all about it. It'll help me stay motivated and maybe motivate some of you while I'm at it.

WHAT?
What did she say?
ME?
Oh nooooo!

8 comments:

  1. Now, those look worth a try. Wow, I've been doing this carb thing for a while and never seen something so good. Are you making me go to the store on a Sunday afternoon.

    Seriously, even I would not try that mixture near a dogs eyes. Crazy people out there on the web these days.

    Hey we talked about V-day for the first goal. I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Well, I could use some motivation so you go!!! I love reading your blog. Give little Ollie a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I am not on a diet and that sure looks good to me, bring on all the recipes you want, we are here to cheer you on!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also trying a low carb diet - the Dukan diet. I need to lose some weight before I go on holidays in April so here's hoping I can do it but I have NO SELF CONTROL !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new photo on your page.. lovely lady. Good of you to do the low carb thing.. I am hoping to get going on some salads.. :-P

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomorrow is the starting day for me, I think I will just do WW Points and be done with it. I know WW works, I lost 90 pounds on that plan years ago. It took me a year to loose and a year to put it back on....due to stress when going to nursing school...when I gained it back I wish someone would have kicked my be-hind all the way around the block, and believe me, the block out here in the sticks is one big block, lol. Keep up the recipes, I know there is a recipe for a pizza crust made from cauliflower and I also think you can find the recipe on Pinterest, or on one of my best blogging buddies post found on my sidebar "gettingstartednow"
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Keep going. I am doing this too. My sister lost 25 pounds and went down two sizes with low carb. I am beyond jealous. See my Jan 3 blog post about food and a list of books if you are interested. There are so many good websites out there to keep us motivated. At least your husband is on board. Tonight I made spaghetti for my family while I ate fish. Sigh. Going to try your recipe for those egg buns. Looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. About Ollie's tear stains, we use a product called "Angel Eyes" that is sprinkled on the dogs food. Our Shih Tzus had a huge problem with stains on their darling white faces. Angel Eyes did the trick. We now only add it to their food a couple times a week. The worst part was waiting for the stained hair to grow out! They've been on it for over a year now, and are healthy as can be. And their faces are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥