Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm Boring But Busy


Thrift find. I don't know why, but this picture grabbed me when I saw it so I grabbed it back and bought it. The frame is 10 x 13. Usually these kinds of frames are smaller. The glass is bubbled-out in the front. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, I love it.


Fletch woke up with Cherry-Eye this morning. He gets it every now and then, but it always goes away if I give him a Benadryl. Sammi got this as a tiny puppy and we had to have hers fixed surgically. It's common in short-nosed dogs.


The beginnings of a baby blanket. I've always wanted to make a bubble blanket. I did a few more rows after this picture. Stay tuned for the reveal in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to hurry through it though. I'm using some Bernat Softee Chunky that I had in my stash of yarn. Sorry about the crappy picture. I took it under terrible low light in my bedroom.

****************************

Weigh-in Day was yesterday.
Minus 3 more lbs.
Total is 6.5 in two weeks.
Not one cheat!

****************************

Yesterday I made a plate of medium shrimp with a slice of fresh jalapeno, wrapped in 1/3 slice of bacon, and cooked until crisp. They were very good. Wish I'd had some low-carb BBQ sauce to drizzle on them. They would have been even better that way. Next time.

Subway salads are becoming a regular meal around here when I don't feel like cooking. They are so good and filling.  Eggs, cooked any old way, are another.  There is always a bowl full of boiled eggs in the fridge to grab if we are overcome with hunger. The sugar-free jello fluff is always in there too. I've discovered if I use the Orange SF jello and add a tsp of vanilla with the cream cheese, it tastes just like an Orange Dreamcicle. So good! Well, so good when you haven't had a carb in a while at least.

Have a good week!

I've got a busy one full of Dr. appts, a nail appt., vet appt, and the Salvation Army is coming to pick up a donation one day too. I don't usually do that much in a month. 

11 comments:

  1. Weigh...to go on the weight loss!!! Like my play on words? Slow and steady, that is the way to do it.
    Love the bobble! Love it! I loved doing that stitch!!
    Poor Sammi... how weird. Never heard of it before. Does it hurt?
    Be a good girl!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fletch....not Sammi...oopsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pammy - love the bubbles! Sorry to hear about Fletch - it sounds painful. Congrats on the weight loss - keep it up! I wish I could shake some off - mind you, the tortellini I had tonight, followed by 1/2 a pizza didn't help LOL!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww poor Fletch...I think someone needs an extra treat today!

    Love the baby blanket. I am so glad Mo and Jo found their way back to your house...keep hooking girl, keep on hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good! Bravo on that weight loss! I'm proud of you. Hope the red eye goes away fast. Good job on the baby blanket! I'm working on 2 small chair throws in college colors for my DIL. Can't wait to be done so I can do some fun stuff. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the weight loss. It's not easy to do so you should be proud of yourself. Love the picture and feel for Fletch. Opi was at the vet last week because his allergies are way out of control again. We're trying ANOTHER new dog food hoping that it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris got that right. Slow and steady, which means this was another great week. You are so good to be picking up that hook again... Love you need food ideas. Off to saute some swiss chard... I know boring...but full of Vit. K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor puppers! I have a Boston, and have to give him Benadryl every once in a while too. He actually gets hives!
    Love that bobble blanket,it looks real pretty in yellow.
    Super weight loss news! You are inspiring me to keep up with my low-carb eating. Just made some bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with creme cheese (Pioneer Woman) Holy smokes they were good. I have some shrimp in the freezer. Have to try that one next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Fletch - hope his eye gets better soon. Congrats on your weight loss - you're doing well. I love the look of your bumpy blankie but I bet it'll take a whole heap of yarn, particularly if its chunky. Give Ollie a hug for me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor sweetie.
    You have the cutest fur babies.
    Congrats on weight loss.
    I am trying too.
    It is so hard. I can't wait to try your pizza recipe.
    I also love the thrift store picture find.
    Woolie Hugs
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, don't find you boring at all. Congratulations on the loss ... that's fantastic. I joined back into Weight Watcher's today. Hoping I will be as successful as you. I love the picture too, glad you grabbed it and get it a home. So happy to see you crocheting ... your projects are what got me into the afghans I have been making and love. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥