Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Flop Recipe

I made a chicken in cream sauce recipe last night, but I dumped a ton of salt in it and ruined it. The Captain ate his and said it was good, and I ate about half of mine. I did the same thing to the roasted green beans so I didn't eat those. I don't know what my problem was using too much salt. Lesson learned. I washed off the leftover green beans and will eat them with lunch today.

Nothing happened around here yesterday so I'll just list my foods and get outta here. Again, I wasn't very hungry all day. I woke up this morning completely not hungry again, like my stomach is borderline upset or something. I'm off to have my hot tea.

9:30:  Earl Grey tea with cream & Truvia
1:00:  Leftover roast, green beans, and mashed cauliflower
3:00:  Plain Greek Yogurt, 1 piece of cheddar
7:45:  1/2 chicken breast w/cream sauce, four green beans
Water, water, water

Also, I noticed that the Truvia (sugar replacement) I'm using has 3 carbs per packet, but I only use about 1/3 of a packet in each cup of tea so I think I'm okay there. The plain Greek yogurt I had yesterday had 6 grams of carbs, but I had bought three little tubs of it already and they were expensive so I'm eating them.  The vanilla Greek yogurts of the same brand have 15 grams. That's just too much so they're going in the garbage, or I may see if the dogs will eat some of it for a snack. I bet they will.

I'm not weighing myself to see how much I'm losing until next Sunday morning. That will be the one-week mark.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you are off to a good start Pammy Sue. I agree with not weighing for a week. That way good results will really look good to you. I started the Engine2 one to try and curb my meats and meat products. I'm on day #2 and it's going pretty good. I really need to loose !@#$@! (Can't say the number in blog world....'cause it looks sooooo bad!)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it. Go easy on the salt. I don't salt anything, anymore. But, then I never really did. I'm guessing you are going through a little complex carb withdrawl and caffeine. It take a few days to get beyond. Don't throw that Greek Yogurt away. Remember, to go easy on yourself, as this is a life style change and not just a diet.

    OK, it's almost Red Flag time here. Guess who is arriving shortly. So I best go get the final cleaning touches done. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Hi Pammy Sue,
    I just wanted to pop in and back track to a couple of your recent posts. The post from the dentists office was hysterical!!! I've thought about that post for the past few days now and it cracks me up...to the point that my dogs are lookin at me funny as sit here and chuckle. :) Also, I just whipped up your recipe for Texas Caviar this morning and I have to say THANK YOU! It is super delish. If I stay out of it for the rest of the day....I am going to serve it over our grilled fish tonight. Wish me luck!!! Thanks again,
    penny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guessing the salt makes you retain fluids, love the taste but I bet things will be healthier without it. You are doing great, hang in there.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about your chicken dinner. I hate it when that happens. I put my own little drops of vanilla extract in my plain yogurt (no sugar) and maybe some berries. That way I get some flavor, without all the other added stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good girl are you. We're going to Costco tomorrow to buy salad stuff and a roasted chicken. :-)
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥