Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ramen Broccoli Slaw

Who else feels yucky from eating too much Christmas crap?? I decided I need to balance it out by eating some healthy stuff today. I found this recipe the other day and have been anxious to try it. It's SO GOOD! The Captain is eating a big 'ol bowl of it right this minute.





Ramen Broccoli Slaw

1 pkg broccoli slaw
5 green onions, chopped
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds (salted or unsalted)
Raw noodles from 2 Beef Ramen Noodle pkgs

Dressing

1/3 cup sugar (Splenda works too, but use less)
1/3 cup canola or veg oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or regular white)
Seasoning packet from Ramen Noodle pkgs

Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix.  (Crunch up the noodles before adding so all you have are small pieces.) Mix dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake it up well. Taste test it and adjust it to your liking. I added a little garlic powder and salt to mine. Shake it up again and pour it over the salad. Mix well.  (At this point I transferred it to a plastic container with a tight lid so I could easily shake it up every hour or so.) Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving, or eat it now and save some for later. The sooner you eat it, the crunchier it will be. 

Yum-Yum
Healthy and full of fiber!

***************************


Did I mention that it SNOWED on Christmas Day?
I'm still tickled over it.
A gift from the heavens.

Oh, I'm back in blogland, baby!
And it feels good!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Pammy Sue, that looks so good! I am making some this week!!! Thanks for sharing!
    I posted a recipe for you today on my blog! Love that you got snow for Christmas!!!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pammy Sue.. we're going to start a healthy eating regimen.. as soon as we're done eating all the leftovers from yesterday..lol. Welcome back!!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE broccoli slaw . . thanks for the recipe . . the Ramen noodles should just kick it up a notch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made this for ages. It's really yummy, isn't it? Ken's headed to the store and I'm going to have him get the stuff to make this. Just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Pammy Sue! Your recipe sounds good. My sister makes something similar and we all love it. Your snow looks so pretty. We got some today (maybe 2 inches), not sure if we'll get any more or not. Take care and enjoy your day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you back. You can't keep a good woman down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:33 PM

    try toasting the noodles just a bit before adding them to the slaw. they toast quicky so watch them!
    so glad you are back, you were missed

    ReplyDelete
  8. This salad sounds so good. I'm going to try to make it also...so fun you had snow on Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm....That slaw recipe looks great and I have most of the ingredients. It'll go great with the chicken we are having tonight.

    Thanks for the recipe and video of the dogs. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥