Thursday, November 01, 2012

Saucy & Janie & Quirky


Spaghetti Sauce
Recipe:  HERE

We're home. I spent all day yesterday sleeping. I felt completely jet-lagged even though we drove, and I don't even know if that's possible, but that's what it felt like.  I'm better today and at least have a little energy, so I put this spaghetti sauce together and it's in the crockpot now.  This recipe makes a lot, so there's plenty to freeze or give away, which is what I plan to do.  I added diced green pepper to this recipe instead of the mushrooms.


Jane Doe, aka "Janie"

For those of you who don't know, I acquired another dog while on our trip. It's a long story that I don't want to get into here, but let's just say she won the lottery on Monday afternoon.  She looks so much like Fletcher, except she has more white on her face.  Otherwise, it's hard to tell them apart.

That picture above is after we had bathed her in our hotel room and bought her a new collar, leash, toys, dog food, and a blanket.  She was so dirty, the water in the tub was muddy rolling off of her.  At least she had no fleas.

She is holding her own with the other dogs, and I believe she has a major crush on Ollie. She is running in and out with the pack, and eating and sleeping like she was born here.  A trip to the vet is in order soon.  She cannot see out of her right eye.  The cornea is all clouded over and white.  Not that we're hoping to do anything about it, but I would like to know what the deal is with it.

Enough about the dog.

*********************


Isn't this a cool picture?  It was in our room at the B&B.



These were painted on the bathroom wall.  Kinda quirky and weird, but I thought they were neat anyway.

Time for a nap, I think.
Yes, it's definitely nap time.

The spaghetti sauce is making it smell great in here!


7 comments:

  1. Have you advised Janie she is about to become a star. She will be having her picture taken weekly. She will have to share her spotlight with "the Ols", who will still be my favorite. And most important, she is not allowed up on the counter and in that spagetti sauce while mama is taking a much needed and deserved nap.......
    Nap tight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that lucky, lucky Janie!! She won the lottery all right, when you rescued her from the street!
    She will be a great addition to your pack. She looks so sweet!!!
    I wonder what happened to her eye?
    The sauce looks wonderful. I wish I were your neighbor!!!
    Glad you had a great trip!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOt sure, but I think I have been told that the clouded over eye of a dog is a cateract (or however you spell it.)

    I am so jealous . . I just LOVE Boston terriors and Janie is adorable. Wish I could sneak down and kidnap her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Janie won the lottery of rescuers! Once we were driving up on Mt. Hood in the snow and in the dark and saw a Beagle on the road, so we stopped and took it with us. We only had him a short time before he ran away from us. From that time forward I would never have a Beagle as I don't trust them to stay home. :-)
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Janie !! Good to hear that she's feeling at home already and that the other furbabies have accepted her. I'm glad you're going to take her to the vet as the eye might just be an ulcer or something that a bit of ointment might fix. Your spag bol recipe looks good. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would lovely to hear how the lovely Janie came to be with you. She is one lucky girl.
    Hugs and glad you are home safe and sound.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some asswipe just let her have free reign and run around and you scooped her up. I get sooooo pissed at people that let their dogs have free roam. Good for Janie. She doesn't (or does now) know how good she has it with you. I'm still struggling with not having Leo. Bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥