Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Plant Stand Makeover






I bought this plant stand for $25 about eight years ago. It sits out on the back porch with plants on it during the summer, and usually a dead plant in the winter. Ha. It's missing a finial on one side, but other than that, it cleaned up pretty well, don't you think?

All I did was run a piece of sandpaper over it to get any loose stuff off, washed it off with the hose, and let it air-dry before spray-painting it. It was perfect weather for spray-painting yesterday. I think I only got one coat of paint in my lungs. Cough-cough.

******************************


This is our front door from the inside. (No, my walls aren't yellow, but they sure do look that way in this picture - yuck.) Anywho...does anything look familiar?? What if the door was purple? Ring any bells?

The first one to comment with the correct reference gets a little gift in the mail from me!

I have work and run a about 250 errands today. I gotta get busy if I'm going to get it all done.

Later!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, heck, I don't know what I'm suppose to comment on. Other than nice job on the plant stand and a great new color. Have a good fun busy day.

    Now, if The "O"s planes would just stop flying over head and get him out of town I might be able to get a nap in today after a ride. The big security jets were flying over Chicagoland all night and kept this one wake, which makes me a triple unhappy camper this week....

    Toodles... back to another load of laundry.

    I promise to get your little package out by the end of the week. I know I'm so bad, it's still on the dining room table staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plant stand. But I have no idea what you are talking about with the door????
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got no idea what you are talking about..just thought I would let you know..maybe your old door?..anyway have a great day..you always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? I thought someone would get it right away! You'll kick yourselves when you find out what I'm talking about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what a new coat of paint can do!

    For the door... The little frame around the peep hole reminds me of the door in Friends... maybe? None of our doors have peep holes or I'd be tempted to copy-cat. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frame around the peephole? A la Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, you win!! Yay! Send me your address in the comments. I will not publish it. I'll show you what you won tomorrow on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry Shelly, but Michael beat you to the answer by a couple of hours. Shoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥