Saturday, November 03, 2012

Gloves for ME

I'm getting back in the swing of things around here...




I finally made me a pair of these Romantic Fingerless Gloves to keep for myself. I've made several pairs over the last couple of year but have never kept any. Now I have some. I immediately started another pair in a slightly less bulky yarn. The ones above are made with Hobby Lobby ILTY and an I hook. I love this pattern!

I must thank Bev for inspiring me to make some gloves. She shared a pattern for gloves the other day that were really cute, so I got out my yarn and hook and made these. They take me about 3-4 hours to make, start to finish. It depends on how many times I get interrupted by the phone, dogs, hubby, etc. You know how that goes.


The second pair I'm making out of Caron SS Paints.

**************************

The spaghetti sauce I made in the crockpot the other day was SO GOOD. I just never get tired of spaghetti.

Speaking of spaghetti, I was watching Giada on the Food Channel this morning. I don't know why, but it really bothers me and makes me mad when she pronounces the Italian dishes she makes with an exaggerated Italian accent. Like today she kept saying spaghetti like this:  Spa-GEE-tee, with the accent on the "gee". She said it at least 5-6 times during the show. She also said pimento like this:  Pim-ee-EN-to, with the accent on the "en". GAH.

Mind you, she says everything else with no foreign accent at all, but she feels the need to say the Italian words with that stupid, fake, pretentious pronunciation. It makes me want to run up and push her down on her kitchen rug, and then grab her shoulders and shake the shit out of her.

We have a news anchor lady here in Dallas that does the same thing with Spanish names. She has absolutely no accent, but is suddenly stricken with a heavy one when those names comes up just because she has a Spanish heritage. It sounds really dumb and I get annoyed every time.

I'm trying really hard not to get up and make something sweet. I think it might be making me a tad irritable.

Okay, bye.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gloves! I always love to see people crocheting and knitting for themselves. It's a great treat we can offer to ourselves from time to time even if we usually craft for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gloves Pammy Sue. And that spaghetti sauce you made looks absolutely delicious.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am laughing so hard, cuz I feel the same way about Giada :)
    I am gonna make me a pair of those gloves, they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay Dios Mio!!!!!
    ; 0
    Love the gloves!!!!
    Hope you had a great birthday yesterday! What did you do? How is the new pup doing?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gloves, my friend. You have pretty hands and nails. Mine are so awful. I've noticed that about Giada, my hubby is in love with her.. he calls her "the twins". Sheesh.. men. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty shade of blue! I love love love my gloves you made me a couple of years ago! I think of you every time I wear them and had them on already this year a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gloves, they look lovely such a pretty colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mitts, I have never made any but now I am thinking I might have to give it a go. You have beautiful hands, you should be a hand model.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. those gloves are adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gloves. Getting to start some myself for Christmas gifts. I've bit off way too much for the Christmas season this year, but since it may be my last, I want to fill them all with something so very special. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥