Sunday, October 21, 2012

Too Busy

Today was a very busy day, so no time for the knitty business.  I wasn't home all day until about an hour ago.  Tomorrow will be full of packing and last-minute stuff.  Yes, I know I said I was out of here the other day, but that was just because I didn't want to worry about blogging these last few days at home.  Turns out that I did anyway.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to start the hat all over again in worsted-weight yarn and larger circular hooks.  That is, when I get time to go get some bigger ones!  Beginners are just better off using larger hooks and yarn, just like when learning to crochet.  Duh, Pam.  I'm hoping I'll be able to pick some up while we're gone.  I could use more practice casting on anyway just to be sure I have it down.  I may not get back to it in earnest until we get back the beginning of November.

Bye!

6 comments:

  1. Pammy,
    I just saw that you have posted a few times! I missed them entirely!!! So, you are giving the needles a go! Good for you. I love crochet, and I am better at that, but I love knitting too. It is so soothing, and I am eager to learn how to do more. You are right, stick with at size 10 needle or so, and a bulkier yarn for learning! Love that hat. May give it a try!
    You have fun on your vacation now...ya hear!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the clicking of needles... but lose patience with the mistakes... my first scarf looked like a moth had chunks of it for a snack...

    I'm a hooker through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful time Pammy Sue! I'm not much good at knitting either. I can cast on and knit but when it comes to purl I am no good at all. Good luck! I will stick to crochet, what I know best. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I thought you were on the road so I didn't look till just now. You've gone and picked up knitting needles. Well, I'm impressed. So, are you on the road now. Keep me posted via text pics... I can't wait to hear all about this trip. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't cast on the way most do. If I had to do it the hard way I would just give up Knitting all together. But I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brave to try knitting. I took a knitting class just out of high school but never got the hang of it. I couldn't knit and watch TV. LOL ! I may try it again one day. But I love to crochet and have too many projects I want to do. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥