Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Evil Dentist

Scary Shadow Sammi Dog is at the back door.


To eat your face light.

******************
Momof10kids...send me your email address in the comments.  I won't publish it.  I have what you need and will send it to you!

I had a root canal yesterday.  Gah.  I thought it would never end!  But I lived through it once again.  I should be over the emotional strain of it in a day or two.  LOL.  I'm serious though.  Going to the dentist really messes with my head.

ME:  Give me the gas today.  I want it.  (I had a filling last week, and he talked me into not having it.)

EVIL DENTIST:  It won't be bad, I promise!  You did it without the gas last week.

ME:  NO!  Give me the gas!  The least you can do is get me high.  Ha-ha-ha.

EVIL DENTIST:  (Smile) Okay.  Whatever you want to do.

(Gas mask nose thingy is applied to my face)

EVIL DENTIST:  Just relax and breathe in through your nose.  Breathe in, breathe out.

ME:  (Furiously sucking in through my nose, I'm thinking I should have used nose spray before I came so my nasal passages would be open really wide.)

EVIL DENTIST:  We're not starting yet.  I'm just numbing your mouth with this gel.

ME:  (Suck, suck, sucking in through my nose.  I feel like I can't suck hard enough.  Nothing is happening!)

EVIL DENTIST:  Breathe in, Breathe out.  Good.  Now close your eyes.

ME:  WAIT!  I can't feel the gas!  I really can't!

EVIL DENTIST:  Okay.  Just relax and watch the TV.  (Leans over and turns the gas up)

ME:  (Did he just roll his eyes at me?  He doesn't believe me!  Suck, suck, suck.)

He continues on with the root canal for 1.5 hours, 1 hour of which is drilling and sticking pins up into my brain.  GAH.

We're finally done and he removes the gas mask.

EVIL DENTIST:  Do you know what?  The gas tank was empty!  I'm sorry!  I didn't realize that.  That must be why you didn't feel the gas.

ME:  (Ya think so, genius????)

EVIL DENTIST:  We won't charge you for it.

ME:  Gee, thank you.

15 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! Were you in a lot of pain during the procedure? Hope you are doing better soon.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a new dentist. I would rather poke needles in my eye, than go to the dentist! I feel your pain!!!!!
    Glad it is over!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had meds for my anxiety attacks since I worked . . they were worse then. But I did have a panic attak a year ago so decided I better keep them on hand if and when I have another one of those . . it was just HORRIBLEq

    Anyway, before I go into the dentist, I take half of the dosage I normally do. Then, as the dentist is drilling, she has to wake me up several times . . can't believe it relaxes me anough to make me sleep :0}

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.. I alway have gas when they do those to me.. the thought of the tank being empty sends chills down my back. Change dentists! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I would have given him a bloody nose for that. I read this to old one who chuckled (since she only has 3 teeth left)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pammy! You poor girl! You deserve rest & relaxation after that..:-)

    Go to Angie's List and look for new dentist.

    Susan

    myhookandi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get gas for having a root canal? We only get injections here. I think I need to move to the States! Mind you, gas makes me sick so maybe not. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do these docs get their degrees now a days.

    Glad you are better today. Wow. Look at that rain. I would want to come in too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there some dental disease going around or something? I had a root canal 2 weeks ago. The dentist here takes 2 visits and then you still have to return for a 3rd time to get the permanent filling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG gal what hell way to start your day it is luckey you didn't pass out from hyper ventilating all that time you suck up all that air ran out of gas that is a new one on me. I hope that you feel better soon. I would look for another dentist too. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never had that done but the sound of it even hurts. At least its all over now. Love the picture of Sammi. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is one evil dentist!! I absolutely hate going to the dentist, I didn't go for like 10 years till hubby finally convinced me I had to go! Now I go for regular cleanings every 6 months, but I still hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read that and the entire time was cringing and thinking, "OH MY! OH MY!" and thinking again, "I HATE THE DENTIST!", the shots, the drill the terrible swishing and spitting. Then I read where he said the gas tank was empty, what a moron! Was he doing a Three Stooges act with that one? It was a wonder you didn't hyperventilate just by trying to suck in the gas, oh man!!!!! Time to shop for a new dentist. And I am a good one to give advice, years ago I had cavities filled...why? because I came from a family of 6 children and was taught to brush our teeth once a day, and there was 1 paycheck in that household. We only saw a dentist when there was a tooth to pull, never for a filling. When my husband married me he inherited a mouth full of molars with some needed dental work. The dentist drilled and filled, then later he started pulling and one day I told him I needed a partial plate....his response, "Why, so you can just throw it in a drawer and never wear it?" I never got the partial, I lost more teeth and now I have chewing problems. When pregnant my babies zapped the calcium right out of my body, starting with the teeth. I know Mr. Tooth Ache, he usually will show up on a Friday night so you can spend all weekend suffering. I think we should all have more than 2 sets of teeth, that would put a lot of dentists out of the tooth pulling and root canal business. Hope you feel better soon Pammy.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)
    P.S. I got the package today, what a surprise, it was like Christmas! I am so glad you got at least one unbroken jar, glad you liked it. Thank you, soon I'm gonna try and post about what you sent me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember my daughter moved to Austin last year? She said, Mom, you'd like it here in TX, you can have your 3 dogs you want, drive a pick-up and carry your gun. Now Pammy, if I were there, I'd shoot him for ya. Just think, it wouldn't happen to anyone else now would it???? Actually, I could go on a rant right now about the incompetence of people but I won't. I think he needs to have a few teeth knocked out. Ha, ha. Tanks empty...what an ass. I'm sorry this happened to you. Have a fabulous weekend despite the idiots out there. OXOX. Lovin' your sampler blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for your discomfort but the story really made me laugh. I've enjoyed your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥