Monday, September 10, 2012

Surprise Ta-Dah, Recipe, Harper Mouse, Smell-Good


Minnie Mouse Harper.
Hee-hee!
That's her momma, Whitney, holding her.


Guess what?
I have a surprise TA-DAH!

I'm not very good at keeping surprises quiet when it comes to crochet, so you should be really impressed that I kept this one under wraps until it was finished.  Ready?

TA-DAH!!



It's BIG and soft and fuzzy...
Made with BIG and soft and fuzzy yarn...
I love it.

The fuzziness of it isn't showing up in these pictures, and I don't know why.  I didn't get any pictures that I really loved this morning.  I'll try again outside later.  This is a shawl for me to wear around the house with my PJs on.  You know, a comfy, rainy-day shawl to wear with my morning cup of coffee this winter.

Better pictures and the details to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the best recipe, y'all.  You've got to try it.  It was quick & easy.  I knew it would be good, because what's in this not to love, but I mean it was REALLY GOOD.  We both loved it.


Bacon, Cheese, Egg Pull-Apart Breakfast
(Except we had it for dinner)

1 Egg
2 Tbsp Milk
1 (16.3 oz) can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers
1 (2.1 oz) pkg precooked Bacon cut into small pieces
3 oz. (3/4) cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion (about 4)

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray an 11 x 7 (2 quart) casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat egg and milk with a wire whisk until smooth.  Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each one into quarters (I used my kitchen scissors).  Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture and stir to coat evenly.  Fold in bacon, cheese, and onions.  Spoon mixture into sprayed dish.  Arrange biscuits into a single layer.
Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. 

My Notes:  Since it was just the Captain and me, I used a small can of Grands biscuits (5 biscuits) and a smaller pan, but I used the same other ingredient amounts as listed above.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This air freshener spray smells SO GOOD!  I have always loved the scent of Sandalwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


With her Daddy.

I took a bunch of pictures, but they were nearly all blurry, DAMMIT.  I don't know why I used my iPhone instead of my real camera.  Shoot.

Now I'm off to work.
I love Mondays...

P.S.  I hate this font.  I will be changing it.  Sorry.  I know it's hard to read.

13 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon!

    I just LOVE that hat! So cute on her! ... I thuoght I was the only one, but I love ths scent of Sandalwood also. I love it when I find a candle that has the TRUE scent of Sandalwood or A Soft Cedar! I like the evergreen candle from Bath & Body Shop. BUt I can no longer find it. It is the essence of Christmas! I have one candle that is Sandalwood Vanilla that is wonderful!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harper looks so adorable in her hat.. what a cutie she is!

    Can't wait to hear all the details on that beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, such a precious baby! Love the hat Pammy, that's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww baby is sooo cute! and the shawl is beautiful!I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earth to Pam, come in Pam. Are your feet back on the ground. That hat is the best yet. Looks Nordy ready. Too cute. Love the egg idea, I'm making some now only in my muffin tin and with the carb/breading. Scott is starving for carbs around here. Please please get out that real camera for the next visit. I'm seeing lots of smile, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little girl and her hat looks so sweet. Your shawl is beautiful and will be so cosy to wear with your pj's. That recipe looks so yummy but we don't have that biscuit stuff over here and I wouldn't know what to substitute. Biscuits here are what you have with a tea or coffee - I think you call them cookies?? Shame as the recipe looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness.. Harper is the cutest little baby girl ever! And her parents are both gorgeous too! Sweet sweet. That biscuit stuff looks just delish.. mm. Love your shawl, too. Great job on that! Now I want some of that sandalwood Febreze! You are always an inspiration to me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious little girl, love her hat. Beautiful family you have. The shawl is amazing. Great work and I'm going to have to try that recipe. Making me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute girl in a cute hat! How adorable! Love your shawl, it's so beautiful and cozy! Can't wait to see it on you!!! :)
    Hugs, LS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that hat! She is precious. Grand kids are soo much fun. Shawl is gorgeous. It will look great around ur neck when it starts to cool down a bit.. I'm ready too hot here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have all the ingredients to make your Egg Bacon dish. We also buy the small can of Pillsbury crensents and grands since its just the two of us. But I'm confused. first you say to cut the grands up put into mix but later you say to lay grands out on bottom of dish??? Do you lay them out and pour egg mixture over them or cut them up and put into mixture and pour into pan? Crochet MM hat is adorable by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy...You mix everything together, including the cut biscuits, and then once you dump everything into your casserole dish, just move the biscuits around with a spoon so they aren't laying on top of each other too much. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried the recipe and it is delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥