Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Sampler Update w/Breakfast


I worked on my sampler blanket yesterday evening for about 5 hours.


 I'm enjoying this one immensely!


I even learned something new.  I learned how to make those bobbles at the top with a different color background.  Aren't they cute?  And the RED chevron stripes are totally cool-looking.  Go over to Little Woollie to find the instructions for the chevron part and see her crochet-along update #2 and blanket.  She also has a link to the bobble tutorial.  (Scroll down to earlier entry for the chevron pattern.)

If anyone is making this sampler and you need my updated pattern (it includes links to the chevron & bobble instructions), let me know and I'll post it.  Otherwise, I will wait until I get a few more rows on before posting.  It's going to be several pages before this is over.  I'm leaving out the color changes so you can make it your own and choose when you change colors and what colors you want.  Plus, it would just be a pain in the ass and I don't want to!  ;-)

******************************


I discovered these breakfast sandwiches on my last trip to the grocery store.  They are SO GOOD.  I've had one for lunch the last two days.  Only 200 calories, and I think you get a lot for that.  This is the one with ham, but there's another one with sausage.  It was about 40 more calories and I'm not really a sausage-lover so I went with the ham.  This is the first frozen to microwave sandwich I've tried that is perfectly done when you follow the instructions.  No cold spots or hard spots on the bread.  Perfect.  Try 'em if you can get 'em!

**************************

Short post today because I have to work this morning for a bit.  My hands are sore from working all day yesterday and then crocheting for so long in the evening.  I couldn't help it!  I was excited about learning those new designs. 

Speaking of hurting, my back does NOT!  Shhhhh!  Don't say that too loud Pammy Sue!  Knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder, walking under a ladder...wait...that last part wasn't right.

Gotta go!

21 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the blanket! Hooray for no back pain!!!!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color layout in the afghan! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is beautiful! I love all the lovely colors. :)

    Wishing you a most wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your back is feeling better and think the blanket is coming along beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pammy!

    I love that blanket!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the blanket. Glad your back isn't bothering you. That's a bitch, isn't it? I haven't seen these sandwiches but will be looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pammy Sue! I love your sampler blanket. It's worth today's sore hands. Right? And no walking under ladders. We want your back to stay pain free Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love this. All my favorite colors. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for those breakfast goodies. I love eggs after a bike ride, but don't like to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has to be your most beautiful one yet. I can see how it could be addictive.
    As one who lives with chronic back pain...Good for you and your state of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blanket is going to be an award winner! You should enter it into your county fair next time up and get yourself a big blue ribbon! I was hooked on the Jimmy Dean croissant breakfast sandwiches for a long time, but kept finding BONE fragments in the sausage patties which made me SO mad. Gorgeous day here, heading to swimming soon. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blanket ! Perfect colors !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket is already gorgeous.

    Groejtes, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  13. I TOTALLY love this! The different colored bobbles...I always end up scrapping it when I try that! My bobble color...when carried with the white...always shows through and I hate it! It doesn't look like yours is showing through. W T _? How'd ya do that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That red chevron reminds me of rick rack, love it! It seems to be coming along just fine and I bet it is really fun to work on since the rows are all different stitches. Can't wait to see it when it is done.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' your sampler blanket. Shit colored blog, u crack me up! Hee hee ha ha!

    Crepe Myrtles are one of my fav trees!!! Yours is sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh, love this blanket! Its beautiful. Great pics in your last post, hair and headbank look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blanket is looking good - must check out that chevron pattern as soon as I've finished this note to you. I haven't seen those Special K sandwiches but then again, haven't been looking. They sound (and look) nice so I do hope we have them here. Good news re your back. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blanket! Yeah no back pain! I would love a copy of your blanket pattern....its just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous5:21 AM

    Please let me have the crochet stiches you used in this awesome blanket, u can use my e-mail address ansa@islandviewhouse.co.za PLEASE can I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @sssnet.com. Thanks, I would LOVE getting updates. Email to rmichaels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥