Sunday, September 02, 2012

Race Day Food & the Maf*a & More

I've been preparing food since I got up this morning.  It's all ready to go for the race this evening.  I knew I needed to get an early start because if I wait until later this afternoon, I won't feel like doing it.  That has happened too many times to count.  So if I'm really serious about it, I do it in the morning.

First...


I stuffed some jalapenos with a chicken & cheese mixture (shredded chicken, sharp cheddar, cream cheese, garlic powder, Parmesan).  (Sorry for the shadow.)  I made a whole cookie sheet full and then wrapped them in bacon.  I cut my center-cut bacon down the middle with scissors and just use half a piece.  Some of the larger ones got a whole piece.  These are not fresh jalapenos.  I buy a large can (26 oz) of whole pickled jalapenos, cut off the stem end, make a cut down the middle, and remove the seeds and membrane with a spoon.  I've never had success using fresh jalapenos, and we LOVE these.


It takes about 45 min. to prepare these, but it's so worth it!  I covered the pan with some plastic wrap and shoved them in the fridge to keep until I'm ready to bake them.  I'll bake about 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.

And then...


I made some Parmesan Chicken Bake.  I got the recipe from a link on Pinterest, but I only made three breasts instead of six since it's just the Captain and me.  The above picture is what it looked like when I was making it.  I had one breast spread with the mayo/cheese mixture.


I covered the rest of them, added a tiny bit of shredded cheddar and dried oregano to the top, and it was ready to bake.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.


I just baked it and the house smells wonderful!

Find the recipe HERE.  I'll let you know what we thought about it in my next post.

*****************************

We went here for a late breakfast yesterday...House Cafe, which looks neither like a house or a cafe, but it's good.

THE SCOOP!



Some letters are replaced by * so I don't get murdered by the M*B.

Across the parking lot from the House Cafe, which looks like neither a house or a cafe, are these two businesses.  I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  Or maybe it's not so secret...I don't know.  These "f*ot m*ssage" places are not making their money on f*ot m*ssages.  They are fronts for YOU KNOW WHAT.  It's totally true.  Just sit and watch for a few minutes and see all the men going in there.  

I have the inside scoop and most of you know why.  These are nearly all run by Chin*se, and I guarantee you at least 95 percent of them are where men go to get "a h*ppy ending," if you know what I mean.  They are busted on a regular basis, and then they just open-up shop at a new location or just pay their fine and keep right on doing business.  A lot of police departments have teams that are dedicated solely to busting these places.

Two seconds after I took this picture, an Asian lady came out of there to smoke a cigarette wearing shiny silver pants and high heels.  I'm SO SURE.  (And pissed that I couldn't take a picture before the Captain drove off.  He didn't want me taking pictures.)  Believe it!  And keep your man away from them.  Ew.  And if you are a man who frequents these places, just ew!  You should not support the Chin*se M*fia and you are a h*rd-up perv and a criminal.  Pay your wife to do it instead!  Ha.  I bet she'd take your money and do you a favor.  (Was that wrong to say?  I know I've been eyeballing a purse I'd love to have!  Hee-hee.)  Ahem.  Of course I'm kidding.  Kind of.

I hope nobody reads this and comes and kills me.  I'm trying to disguise it as best I can with ** in some words so nobody can google it and find me.  Maybe. 

AND THEN...we use that computer place all the time because their prices are so reasonable and R*di is super-nice.  He is Middle-Eastern and drives a shiny new Mercedes and wears thousand-dollar suits to work every day.  It's a small shop.  He cannot be making that much money on selling refurbished computers and computer repairs.  I always tell the Captain that I think his business is just a front for funneling money to terrorist groups.  It's more common than you think!  Believe that too!  And if you think I'm profiling, you are correct.  Duh.  I'm all for it.

Okay, enough of the conspiracy theories and underworld talk...

******************************
How's about a little crochet?
You thought I was never going to get back to it, didn't you?
Well, you were wrong...


It's a Minnie Mouse hat for Harper!  Isn't it CUTE?  The pattern calls for you to sew some white buttons onto the pink part for the polka dots, but I'm not going to do that.  I'd hate for her to get a hold of one of them and choke.  It's super-cute without them anyway.  She is obsessed with a Mickey/Minnie Mouse lately, and her momma is going to make her first birthday party in a Minnie Mouse theme.  I thought she'd get a kick out of wearing this hat.  I hope it fits.

The free pattern for a Mickey or Minnie hat is HERE.  (I doubled the ears so they are really thick and squishy.)

************************

Well, that was a jam-packed post!
I hope you enjoyed it and smiled at least once.
Bye-bye!

17 comments:

  1. I think the computer guy owns the foot massage parlor. Just sayin' . . .

    Love the Minnie Mouse hat. That Harper is one lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been one busy lady!!! And that Minnie Mouse hat is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! You come up with some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the recipe I used .... think you will love it. The chicken turns out so nice and moist.

    You crack me up Pammy Sue. The other day Mr. S. and I had to go to the big city and we both swore we saw a drug deal go down at a McDonald's parking lot.

    That hat is so cute, I sure hope it fits Harper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm with Bev on that one!
    Hey the yarn shop where we used to go had a m- ssage place in the center and rumor has it......same thing! Ick!
    SO love the Minnie hat for sweet Harper! Can't believe she is almost one!!!!!
    XO. From beautiful Big Bear, where it is cool and breezy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS.. you had me rolling in the aisles here.. I was cracking up and hubby wondered what the heck was going on.. I even have laugh tears in my eyes.. lolololol... and then you go straight to the mouse hat.. which made me laugh even more.. lolol

    Seriously though, I hope you show us a picture of the cutest baby on the planet with that hat one!!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Call 'em like you see them! You are probably right. Love the Minnie Mouse hat. Instead of buttons, why not crochet 'buttons'? Just small circles sewn on would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mini Minnie hat is so cool. I wonder if there's an adult version. I don't think I could wear it if there was but wouldn't that be eyecatching! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with Teresa, you had me laughing out loud and for me in my present pissed off menopausal state of mind that is something! Thanks for such a fantastic post today. Love the hat.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the places they bust here are CHinese Nationals, so they get sent home . . . and the owners thrown in the "klinck." Seems to slow them down a bit.

    Will have to ask the hubster if he got his foot massaged when he was on leave inJapan when he served in VietNam :0}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plain and simple..... I want everything. Just passed out seeing all that mayo. The hat is a smash and is going to be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be a comedy writer Pammy Sue. I really enjoyed your theory regarding the f**t place. You did a fabulous job on the Minnie hat - love it !! Have a great week. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad I went pee before I read this post because I laughed so hard I would have peed my pants. You should get together with my hubby, he swears that 2 neighboring towns are run by the M*F*A, and at times he says our nephew is involved with them. It is a wonder my eyes have not rolled completely out of my head on that one. And there are more suspicions but I better not say what they are cause someone might come and murder us, if you know what I mean, lol.
    And the M-I-N-N-I E M-O-U-S-E hat is darling, and your favorite little girl will look just too sweet in it.
    Susanne :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's illegal to mention anything "Disney" in the same post as anything ******. LOL I LOVVVVE that hat! Definitely want to see that adorable Harper in it! How, oh HOW, can it have been one year already? Good LORD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you make some scrumptious food there. I love minnie mouse hat that is so cute. We use to have a place that sold pizza near where we live before order a pizza because they where busy people buying lots of pizza's. Told my friend this pizza was terrible turns out one Saturday it raided it was a bookie joint. Well hope you enjoyed your races and had a nice weekend too. Take care my friend will keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You crack me up Pammy Sue, please don't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thakn You for the earlier Chicken recipe! And I love that Minnie mouse hat!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that hat is so adorable. I agree with racial profiling, too. I'm glad they bust the ch*nese there. Not much done about them here in LA. Funny damn post thanks for making me laugh Pammy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥