Friday, September 28, 2012

Poufs!


I finally had an excuse to make Kris' Party Poufs!
Aren't they pretty?

We're having the family over tomorrow afternoon for cake & coffee to congratulate my son for passing his state test and getting his cosmetology license last week.  These were fun to make.  Thank you for the tutorial, Kris!  Lots of goodies are being made in my kitchen today.


I can tell it's fall because I'm drinking hot coffee in the mornings instead of iced.


I've been putting off making a blog post thinking I'd be finished with this monster blanket any minute, but it took much longer to get those last few rows of color on than I thought it would.  I'm now finished crocheting the body, but I have a bazillion ends to sew in and it's taking FOREVER!  When that's done, I'll crochet the border, which will be a pretty simple one so hopefully it won't take days.  I LOVE THIS ONE with the DK yarn, but Lord have mercy, it takes a lot longer than worsted weight yarn!  This turned out to be huge too.  I didn't realize it when I started it, but it fits on our Queen size bed.

I'll be back with the big Ta-Dah very soon!


8 comments:

  1. Very cool. You know this is one of my favorites. Glad to see you finished it. Harper?, Maybe?

    Boy was I way off on the date. You know what I'm talking about. No major plans this weekend, S is working Sat. Probably a long ride on Sunday.

    That's it here. Boring life now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son. Have a fun party!
    Love the look of the rainbow ripple blanket. Great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son! Have a fun party! I absolutely love your blanket - it's a beautiful thing. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on sons graduation love your poofs too. I never tried the carnation creamer before is really decadent as it looks? I love my international coffees with carmel vanilla latte and french vanilla coffee. I started my second scarf in knitting using a lacy stitch plan to try lots of patterns is my goal. I hope that you have a fun filled weekend. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your son! The party poufs turned out great! My daughter kept a few from the party when I made them, and she hung them at different heights in the girls room. They were so cute in there!!! Have fun tomorrow at the party!!!
    Love the blanket. It is huge!!!! Can't wait for the TaDa!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those poufs are so pretty - you didn't tell us what they're made of or how to do them :( I'm so looking forward to seeing your finished blanket - its looking fantastic. Here in Australia, most of our 'everyday yarn' is what we call 8ply (your sport weight equivalent) so now you know why it takes forever for us to make stuff !! Hope you're enjoying the weekend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big congrats is being sent to your son, what a great gathering you are going to have for him. Love the blanket,
    the colors just POP.
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one beautiful blanket..I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥