Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Sampler Update #2


I added those top 8 inches since last time.


Here's the whole thing as of now. I think I'm only about 1/3 of the way there. It's very heavy. I'm still loving the process.
************************

I put a pork shoulder roast (mine was 3.3 lbs) in the crock pot this morning with 1/2 cup apricot preserves, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp cumin, 1 sliced onion, and salt & pepper. I'll shred it when it has cooked 8 hours or so, and it will make terrific pulled pork sandwiches. My mom gave me this recipe last summer. It's a winner.


This is what mine looked like when I first put it in. Close the lid, turn it on low, and walk away all day...or stay home and torture yourself with the great smell! You can even freeze half of the shredded pork for a lazy day.

My mom had a great idea when she served these at her house. She got out her electric skillet, lined it with a double-layer of foil (let several inches hang over the sides), and laid her Hawaiian buns on the foil. Then she covered the top with foil and sealed edges of the foil together. Turn your skillet on the lowest setting, and you have something to keep your buns warm to serve them in! My mom is a genius. 

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Have I told you how much I adore this sampler. It's smashing. I just got back from Costco with a Pork Tenderloin, I wonder if that would work. I bet I could find sugar free apricot jam too.... No plans by S this weekend yet. Over to Mom's tomorrow for B-day dinner.... S may get in trouble if he doesn't get his a$$ in gear and at least get a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITS GORGEOUS! I wish I had started one! I am getting hungry looking at the crock pot. I am making a pot roast tomorrow in hopes of cooler weather...I just found a apple crisp made in the crock pot plan on trying that one also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful blanket! I love the size. More to snuggle with. What time is supper?...looks yummy!
    Shari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Pammy Sue, that sampler is gorgeous!!!!! It is going to be BIG!!!
    Love it!!
    Love the sounds of your recipe! And yes, your Mama is one smart cookie!!!!
    I think the heat has fried my brain and stolen my mojo!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee , I love this sampler blanket and the pork looks great too. down here in Oz we don't do the pulled meat on buns thing. Don't know why, it just hasn't caught on.I'm sure you could serve it with vegies for dinner though couldn't you? might give it a go. It sounds really nice.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blanket is an award winner! You should submit it to the county fair next year! That pork dish sounds yummy.. after swimming I'm always starving. Thanks for the idea! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pammy Sue, your blanket looks beautiful - those colours are so fresh looking and the stitches interesting. Y'know, I'd never have thought to use preserves in the slow cooker - sounds yummy - this is one idea I'm definitely going to have to try. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love that blanket!! It is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blanket is just so gorgeous. I want the whole pattern when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pammy Sue, I am loving your blanket, I bet being a sampler you don't get sick of it like you can with many other blankets, I made a solid brown one for one of my sons once and almost shot my head off due to the boredom.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Loving your sampler. 2. So making that roast! Cant wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pammy Sue, I love your Sampler Blanket, I have started one of my own. I am having so much fun. Where can I find the rest of the patter, I have the first few rows you published and have been unable to find the rest. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction. I promise to send you a picture of what I have done. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥