Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Amish Yumazuti


I snapped this picture a couple of nights ago in our backyard at dusk.  Pretty, huh?


I forgot to take a picture before we ate.  Oops.  It was really good though, and worth sharing the recipe.  I found several recipes for this on the Internet and took the basic recipe and made it my own.  I needed a lot because I was making two dishes -- one to keep and one to take to my momma & daddy.  Here's how I made mine.  And, no, I'm not Amish.

Amish Yumazuti

16-oz pkg wide egg noodles
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
Salt & pepper to taste
1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes, liquid & all
1 can Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup, undiluted
1 soup can of water 
Shredded cheddar (as much as you like)

Cook egg noodles according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.  
In a skillet, brown ground beef, onion, and celery, and cook until beef is well-browned.  Add salt & pepper to taste.  Set aside.
Combine soups in a bowl and stir in the water to thin it out a little.  Set aside.
Spray a casserole dish (9 x 13, or two smaller ones) with cooking spray.  Spoon a little of the soup mixture onto the bottom -- just enough to coat the bottom so the noodles don't stick.  Add a layer of noddles, 1/2 of the beef mixture, 1/2 of the soup mixture, 1/2 of the tomatoes & juice, and a layer of shredded cheese.  Repeat layers again using all ingredients.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 min. or until hot and bubbly.

**************************
See ya!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous sunset. Don't even get me started on those noodles. Did you catch me jumping into the screen for a bit. Off to have another peek and taste... don't tell, S now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! My hubby would love that...if it's made with noodles, he's all over it! I can't do noodles right now...I'm re-crafting myself. LOL My daughter and I are living the Paleo life...no noodles, no rice, no grain, no legumes, no, no, no, no, no! All sorts of "NO"! But I still have to create a meal for the hubster, so I might just have to give this one a try! I love that sunset photo! Beautiful colors. Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks DELISH! What a nice daughter, making some for the parents!d ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Pammy Sue ... Good to see a post from you. Hope all is well. That recipe looks pretty good - might try it one day. Love to you and the fur kids. Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your new blog header Pammy Sue. It's ducky! Meal looks pretty good too. It's 5 am and I'm blogging in bed with my iPhone. Sinuses are draining like crazy and I keep waking up with stuff going down my throat. Popped another red pill to dry this congestion up. Hope I get sleepy again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunset is gorgeous. As for the noodle dish - by jings, it looks great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty good to me too... but I 'm dieting so I'm leaving NOW!!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm.....this looks like the ultimate comfort food. I'll have to add this to my recipe files.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks totally yummy, I would like to try a bit if you have any leftovers.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥