I've got absolutely nada for y'all today picture-wise. I probably have nothing fun to say either, but I'm gonna just ramble and slap this entry up. Sorry. It's just been really slow around here. From the looks of blogland, it's been slow for most everyone.
I haven't been into crocheting ANYTHING since the animals I showed you. The poor things are staring at me from their basket with no legs. Note to self: Don't sew on the eyes until the end.
I did find a pattern and some really pretty blankets HERE. (Do not go to my links until you finish reading here and leave me some love, DAMMIT!) Her pink and blue daisy blankets are so pretty. I have been staring at her pattern for three days, but I'm not up for starting a new blanket anytime soon. Now that I've said that, I will start one tomorrow. LOL. That seems to be the way it goes.
The Captain is at work today so I'm here watching "my NASCAR shows" and race by myself today. That reminds me of my grandmother saying she was "watching my stories" when she watched the soap operas on TV.
I also made myself pancakes for breakfast. I must be feeling better. In fact, I know I am because I have gone out two days in a row now. I'm meeting my momma at the indoor swimming pool two or three times a week starting tomorrow. It's too hot to walk, but I need to do something to strengthen those back muscles (and all my other muscles too).
I'm a little worried about Ollie. He has not been using one of his back legs about 75 percent of the time. Sometimes he seems perfectly fine, but most of the time he holds it up and just uses three. I can't see anything physically that is obviously wrong or different from the other one, and he doesn't cry or seem to pay it any attention. It's not the one that he broke earlier this year either. That was a front leg. I may be hauling him to the vet soon to see what's up. Of course, I'm thinking the worst, the Big C. That is just silly of me since it's much more likely that he just hurt it playing with the other dogs, but I'm just a drama queen, I guess.
Some random stuff:
1. I got my toenails painted silver this time. I like it. It's '70s FABULOUS!
2. I bought a red lamp for my living room. I'm going to ass-backwardly buy a chair to match. Ha. How stupid.
3. I would like to withdraw my comment about Ollie and the Big C. I don't want that out there floating around the universe looking for somewhere to land. Ya know? So I take that back. I do not think that's what it is.
4. I bought a new quilt for our bed. I swear, I buy a new one every few months. Sheets too. We wear them out quickly. (No, not why you think. Ha-ha.) Because the dogs sleep in the bed and we wash & dry our bed stuff to get the dog stink off!
5. I truly think I will win the lottery some day. I do!
6. I can't get back into the swing of cooking. Cooking is hard. I hate it. None of that is like me at all! Y'all know I usually love to cook and bake. Nothing tastes good or even sounds good, and that includes takeout. Bleh. I'm living on those crackers & peanut butter packets, bagels, and Tootsie Pops. And I guess pancakes since I made those this morning. Carb-o-licious & healthy!
7. I don't care one iota about the Presidential race.
8. I, I, I, and me.
9. That's all.