Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Swimming and the Vet

No, I didn't go swimming with my vet, but that would be quite salacious and lascivious gossip, wouldn't it? (Big word alert!)



Instead, I went swimming with my momma.  This time we swam outside because there was a volleyball game going at the inside pool.  I only swam about 15 minutes.  I could really feel it in my back and didn't want to overdo it on my first time out.  I'm still feeling it today, but we are going back tomorrow morning.

Doesn't that water look cool and inviting?  It was SO NICE!  There was lots of shade or sunshine, whichever you preferred.

***************************

The Captain and I dropped Ollie off at the vet about an hour ago.  We should know what's up with his back leg later this afternoon. If you didn't read my earlier post, he hasn't been using one of his back legs for about a week and a half now. 

I did a little research online, and what I found tells me he has a "luxating patella." (More big words) In plain English, his knee cap keeps slipping out of joint.  This can be caused by rough play, but more commonly is genetic and not unusual for small-breed dogs.  There are four grades of this condition.  Grade 3 and above requires surgery.  Ugh.  I hope I am wrong, or at least that it is a lower-grade at this point.

Or the vet could call and say he had a sticker in his toe.  Ha-ha.  We'll see.  If you read this before I post a diagnosis, please send little Ollie-Wally good vibes today.

***************************

Buh-Bye.

8 comments:

  1. Ms. Casey(Belle) and I are sending Deer Head PUPPY/person LOVE to Mr. Ollie (wallie)! Looks like a great swimming hole :) Hurry back. I love me some big words BTW..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures of the pool look very refreshing. Hope all goes well with Ollie's appointment and that it won't be anything serious. Take care Pammy Sue. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely sending Mr. Ollie good vibes!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ollie has been getting good vibes since I read your previous post.

    Patiently waiting for his update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Mr. Ollie, gosh if it isn't one thing it is another. Sending Ollie positive dog/health vibes.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your swimming pool - and the glorious weather as well, of course.

    Good luck to Ollie Wallie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are with Mr. Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple of our dogs have had that condition over the years and it really doesn't seem to worry them all that much. Worried us more. As you said, its relatively common in some of the smaller breeds. My daughter used to manipulate the knee back into position - will your vet show you how to do this? Hope Ollie doesn't have to have surgery. Give him a big hug from me xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥