Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Obsessions


I love this afghan pattern from the new issue of Crochet World Magazine (October).  The colors are gorgeous.  I may incorporate some of this pattern into my sampler.  Speaking of which, Little Woollie showed an update of hers today, and it's so pretty.  I like hers better than mine.  I hope she gives instructions for what she's done.  I think I'm obsessed with this blanket, although I didn't crochet one stitch today.  I watched Hurricane Isaac coverage all day on the special hurricane coverage channel on DirecTV.  I'm obsessed with that too.  I don't know why I'm so fascinated by it.  Probably because the alternative was the Republican National Convention.  Ugh.  No thank you.

What else?  Nothing.  Zilch.  Zero.  I was either sleeping, eating copious amounts of Animal Crackers (obsessed), or watching TV today.  That's it.  Aren't you jealous of my exciting life, gourmet eating habits, and high energy levels?

I just this second realized that I have a sore throat.  DAMMIT, no!  I have to slow down and take care of myself.  Hahaha! WHAT?

Night-night.

9 comments:

  1. The colors in that afghan are gorgeous and so fall-ish! I'm with you on being tired of the RNC coverage. Bleh. I'm excited about Big Brother.. stating in 10 min!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animal crackers huh? I ate some miniature Snickers candy bars, so I am one step up from your festive snacking. I watched about a half an hour of the news and next thing I know I am watching one of those food shows where the guy is scarfing down these 3 alarm hot wings, it was a challenge, he actually won and his name is now on the wall of the place. Then he moved on to a place in Indiana(?) that served up Texas toast covered with fried up ground beef, covered with french fries and some kind of cheesy sauce and little snippits of green onions and what looked like bacon. I am ashamed to say my mouth was watering and I could have helped him eat it.....Oh, by the way, that is one pretty afghan.
    Susanne :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous of your your exciting life but only because we don't have coverage of Isaac here! I'd probably watch it all day too if we did!

    I hope your sore throat doesn't come to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That is pretty! I'm working on a sampler afghan too. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better. I love your previous post about New Orleans and totally agree with you. You and I have so much in common.....we speak what is on our mind and don't care whose toes we step on. I get into trouble all the time for speaking the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK Now I gotta go look at my Crochet World again. I must have been brain dead to have missed this LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dual FLush means more water for one bodily waste and less water for another . . LOLOL

    And, yes, I will have pistures posted when we get finished . . . you will n ot believe the difference . . I need to find the pictures of what it looked like when we moved in . . . very 1950's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your afghan, looks like fall. By the way, I am from Louisiana and now live in Ohio. I do not miss hurricanes, heat, and mosquitoes. We have been away from there for almost 15 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this afghan so much! Want to do a CAL with this afghan? I know you are doing your lovely sampler blanket (which I also love) but you can never have too many blankets and they do make great gifts...so how about a CAL?

    I am heading to the craft studio to stash dive....I think I have every color called for in the pattern (you know, since I am the Red Heart Queen and al!). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥