Thursday, August 16, 2012

Easy Peach Pie

I made this Peach Pie this morning and thought I'd share.  This is an easy and quick method.  You can make it quicker by using two cans of pie filling, but I only had one and wanted a thicker pie, so I used a can of sliced peaches I had in the pantry.  Here we go!


All of the ingredients I used are pictured...
Flour
1 or 2 cans peach pie filling
1 can peach slices, optional
Cinnamon, to taste
Sugar, to taste
Pillsbury Pie Crusts


You can find this pie crust in the refrigerated canned biscuit aisle of your grocery store in the U.S.  Not sure about other countries though.  

Take the pie crusts out of the box and let sit for 15 minutes. Then roll it out as  pictured above: Sprinkle some flour on your surface first, unroll your pie crust on top, add another sprinkle of flour on top of the crust, flour your rolling pin, and roll the dough out, stretching it another inch or so on all sides. It won't be big enough if you don't roll it out like this. Trust me.  Transfer the pie crust to your pie plate by rolling it loosely around your rolling pin.  See picture demonstrating this two pictures below.  This will keep your crust from tearing while transferring it over.  It nearly always tears if you do it by hand.


Pour your pie filling into a bowl.  Drain the canned peaches and add to the bowl.  (I cut mine into small chunks.)  Taste it and see if it's sweet enough for your liking.  I didn't add sugar to mine, but you can add 2 Tbsp at a time and stir until it's a sweet as you like it.  Pour it into your pie crust.  Sprinkle with Cinnamon, if using.  We like a lot of cinnamon.
 

Roll out your second pie crust as before and place it over the top of the filling as demonstrated above. 


You now have two layers of crust on the edges of your pie.  Tuck them under as shown above.  This will give you a nice thick crust which makes it easier to flute.


I am not the world's best pie fluter, but at least I try.  You can just go around the edges pressing the dough with a fork instead of making a ruffled edge like I did above.  (Do a search on YouTube for "how to flute a pie" if you don't know how to do this.  They have great instructions.)  Make tiny slices in your top pie crust by sticking a knife into the crust all over the pie.


Sprinkle a Tablespoon or so of sugar on top of the pie...


Sprinkle on some cinnamon, if you desire.  I desire.  Bake at 425 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.  After 15 minutes in the oven, I added foil around the edges to keep it from burning.


Voila!  Peach Pie!

The whole process took 15 minutes, at most, before baking.


It definitely looks a little "rustic" and home-made, and the smell of a pie baking in the oven is so homey. You will get lots of "oohs" and "ahs" from your family when they see it sitting on the counter waiting for them to dig in.

It's good warm with vanilla ice cream, but I like room-temperature, straight-up peach pie best.  Cover and store at room temperature (if you have any left).

Guess what I'm having with my Three O'Clock Coffee today? 

14 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmm I loves me some peach pie. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh...I can smell it from here! It looks divine. I will drink a cup of tea at 3 and think of you and your pie. How's our little Ollie doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks scrumptious! And you flute quite well :0}

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delish! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very delicious, wish I could reach in the computer and grab a piece.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just about jumped into my screen for a piece. Wow. You sure know how to blow a girls diet at 530....lol... looking mightie good my sweet peach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peach pie and coffee sound like a great afternoon snack. Pie doesn't last too long at my house. Have a nice evening. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum .... sounds and looks great. Guess you could substitute other fruit as well. I love apple pie (with cinnamon of course) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my large cup coffee and piece of my favorite pie peach and course of scoop of vanilla ice creame would be perfect. Good to see you baking. How is Ollie doing? I hope that your stiffness and pain has gotten better. I love peaches any way I can get them. I will keep in touch take care my special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm..thanks for the mix..I've never had peach pie..but I love cobler..this is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Howdy girl! I can tell you're feelin' better...you, ornery thing you!!! ;) LOVE peach pie, yum. Pool looks inviting, glad you're getting out and getting those back muscles stronger. Maybe there is a vitamin supplement to help Ollie's kneecap. He's so young his body should respond to that. I hear ya when adding eyes to projects. Sorta makes em come alive and make ya feel guilty you're not putting on their appendages!!!

    Sorry I haven't posted on my blog very much. I'm dating a fellow and my (soon to be ex m-i-law) visits my blog and just trying not to make it any harder for his side of the family. Not crocheting or much creativity of that type but I've been attending concerts, going to dinners and movies and having a terrific summertime. Will post some stuff soon. Looking forward to your next projects when ya get to 'em. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got that yummy looking pie making down to an art! I can almost smell it and taste it....drats! I think I just gained a couple of pounds!
    Have a good weekend,
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Dad's favorite pie! I love pie. Any kind. I never thought to roll out the pie dough more. Duh...
    Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS, this post just thrilled me.. my mom was well known for her expertise at pie making and your pie took me back. I never got the pie making thing down too well, but your tute made me want to try again. She made apple, peach, berry, and cream pies, chocolate, lemon, banana.. her last big pie making years she specialized in apricot pies. You should try that!! Thanks for the shawl inspiration - I gave you a shout out on my blog. Come see the pix of the lake trip! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥