Monday, July 09, 2012

Other People's Stuff

Look at this CUTE birdie!
I was so taken with him when I saw him.  Supposedly there is no pattern, but it would be easy to figure out if someone out there has the patience to do it.  We all know I don't.  I saw it HERE.  If anyone figures it out, I want it!  Pretty please??


Isn't this a pretty square?
This particular square was done by Kate at Signed With an Owl.
The free pattern is HERE.

Supposedly it's easier than it looks, but I haven't tried it yet.  All those color changes and weaving in of ends would get really old if you were making a blanket with this square only, but it would be a nice one for a sampler afghan.

Speaking of Sampler Afghans, go look at THIS ONE by Afghaniac on Crochetville.  She makes some of the prettiest afghans.  I nearly always love what she makes.
********************
We are having some construction going on at our house starting tomorrow.  We're having the fireplace completely ripped out and redone and a big built-in corner shelf in the living room taken out.  I've already taken the "before" pictures.  I can't wait to see the "after".  Of course, I'll be posting the pics so y'all can see it too.

That's all from me today.  There will probably lots of chaos around here the next few days, but I'm sure I can take some pictures of construction worker butt cracks or something and throw that up here.  I know...I'm a giver.

BYE!

15 comments:

  1. Of course, I love that bird. I may even try to figure it out tomorrow. I saw that square of Kates and I thought it was very cool. Have a great time with the workers tomorrow. Take a pic of the cracks for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUte birdie and the afghan in neutrals is pretty awesome too.

    I saw that square somewhere and thought it woud be pretty easy . . just a lot of ends to weave in :0{

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the neatest things on the 'net! Love the little birdies.. and that is a killer cool square. Hope you do okay with the construction -- can't wait to see what you're putting in instead of the old one.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pammy Sue! We are home! Had a great time at the lake!
    Love your ripple! Love those birdies!!! Love all of the crochet you showed in your previous posts!!!!
    How is your back?????
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wee birds are cute. I'm sure you could work out the pattern for us??? :oD

    I hope the men don't make too much mess in your house. Wait, what am I saying? Men *always* make more mess than they need to! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those birdies look so cute! I also think the pattern is easy to figure out. And the firework square, it looks absolutely gorgeous, as much as the Afghan! You have routed us to such beautiful places! :)
    Can't wait to see the photos of your house when it's all done!
    Best wishes,
    LS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you know me I am up for the challenge. I will let you know if I figure out the birdie pattern. It looks easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, that birdie looks like 12 dc's in a magic loop, and then some dc's, sc's, dc's again and trebles, all increases. I can work it out for you, I think it's only two rounds! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little bird ...sorry no pattern skills here. Can't wait to see your remodeling !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that square too! I downloaded the pattern the other day but haven't had the time to try it yet. Glad to hear it's easier than it looks! Geez...I started on your post here about 45 minutes ago and got so distracted by stuff I found at the end of the links...almost forgot where it all started! LOL Good luck with the projects...that's always a bit stressful. =) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had a go at interpreting the birdie pattern for you Pammy Sue - its on my blog. Have fun xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute items, thanks for the links. The bird is adorable, I may have to try my hand at that later on. Waiting to see the new room and the "or something" ... lol. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that birdie is adorable...looks pretty simple. looks like it based on a circle. cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to the "after" pictures myself. Thanks for sharing these great pattern links. The crochet square is most intriguing to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥