Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Before & A New Shawl

Here is the "before" picture of our fireplace and shelves.  They are both gone now, bricks and all.  It looks nekkid in there now.  They are not coming back to do anymore work until Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Then they will be back on Monday just for touch-up painting.  That's their plan anyway.

*********************

I started this shawl last night using the Deborah Norville Serenity Sock yarn.  This is a free pattern on the Lion Brand site called Country Cotton Shawl.  I decided against the Harlequin Shawl as originally planned.  I loved this yarn when I first saw it, but to fully appreciate how beautiful it is, you have to crochet something with it.  It's really a gorgeous yarn.  I love the hippie vibe of it.  I do keep splitting it as I'm crocheting, but I think that's because I'm using such a small hook (Size E).  I will definitely use this yarn again.

Speaking of yarn...being cooped up in my bedroom with my laptop since the construction is going on is dangerous.  I did a wee bit of online shopping yesterday and ended up buying some new sock yarn and another shawl pattern to make with it.  I ordered it priority mail, so I should get it tomorrow or Friday.  I must be the most impatient person on the face of the earth.

I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce and put it in the crock pot this morning.  Mmm...my favorite meal is spaghetti.  I never tire of it. Yum-yum-yum.

I'm about to settle under the covers and watch Dallas.  Talk to y'all again soon. 

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I even like the old one. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like. Keep us all posted with pictures. This yarn looks even better on the big screen. I like spag too. Ooooops, I forgot about Dallas tonight. Guess what I'll be watching on the treadmill tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering why you're getting rid of the fireplace and shelves. I love the look of it now! O_O And I love the look of your new yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh fun to have something new going in! Love the yarn colors you show.
    I think your nails look beautiful! I miss my pretty nails. But I am in the dirt too darn much!!!
    Still catching up here at home. HOTTER than hot!!! 106 today. Ugh!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tie dye colors in that yarn! I will enjoy watching that shawl grow. Can't wait to see your new fireplace! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you love the yarn and when I can't sleep I have my IPad handy it gets me into trouble between yarn and patterns. I love spaghetti too and could everyday and not get tired of it. My mom use to make great spaghetti and meatballs which she counted when making so she could tell if someone sneak one out of the sauce. Good memories there. My big dream is to get too catalog my yarn and patterns so I can find what I am looking for. Can't wait to see your new look in living room. Well take care keep up the good work crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are as bad as me. Last week I did a shawl, a wrap and god help me I started a shawl out of crochet thread. I call it my summer shawl (because it prolly won't be done till next summer hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shawl! I have quite a lot of sock yarn which I doubt will get made into socks so this might be an idea for some of that!

    Can't wait to see the "after" photos. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love spaghetti also! I make a quick marinara with tons of garlic and onions..love it! My husband the italian likes it to cook all day with meat till its falling off the bone...He calls it Gravy.. Its spaghetti sauce but apparently if your Italian its Gravy. I love that yarn. I also have some of it but I purchased it for a little Jumper the yarn came with. Have yet to start it, Ilike the whole shawl Idea! I love your fireplace and shelves and cannot wait to see what you have coming in next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love spaghetti, too. It's one of my favorite meals. I've never put in the crock pot before...perhaps I should give that a try one of these days. Love the sock yarn colors for the shawl! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That yarn looks very pretty ! I have never used sock yarn ..Can't wait to see your remodel finish !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥