Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Lots of Appropriate-ness

So sorry for the roid rage yesterday.  That's what I'm blaming my rant on today.  Ha-ha.  Although I haven't changed my opinion, I think I may have blown it a little out of proportion.  I'm over it.  Your comments made me laugh, and I was surprised that nobody ripped me a new one with their opposing view.  You all behaved so nicely!  How boring.  hee-hee...

Okay, moving on.


I saw this on CraftGawker yesterday.  I blew up this picture so you could see the detail on the dress better.  It's SO PRETTY!  I want the pattern so bad, but I have no idea if there even is one.  I left this lady a comment on her blog asking her, but she hasn't responded (and I kind of doubt she will).  The finished dress is no longer offered in her shop either.  

It looks to me like something you'd see in a Japanese crochet book.  The stitch pattern looks easy.  It's just knowing how to put it all together and figuring out the stitch count and all that blows my mind to the point I just don't want to try to figure it out (aka, I'm lazy).  Maybe some day I'll get ambitious and give it a whirl.
********************
I was reading Casey Plus3 earlier this morning and followed the link she gave to Kristen's New Blanket.  I love how simple it is.  It's on the list.  So many things, so little time.
  
Random:

1.  The chocolate cake is GONE.  I stuck to my plan and gave most of it away.  Now I want more.  Ha-ha.
2.  I have started yet another crochet project.  (Kate, don't kill me.)  How many does that make in-progress now?  I don't even know for sure.  (flower blanket, shit-fit shawl, this one, ...) I'm sure I'll settle down soon and stop it with the crochet-ADD.  I printed out three new patterns this morning too.  I can't stop.
3.  Have you seen that Priscilla has finished all of the flower squares for HER FLOWER BLANKET???  GAH, it's gorgeous, even without a border yet!
**************************
We went to IKEA yesterday.  This reddish-rust rug is one thing I got for the dining room.  I wish it was a tad bigger, but I still like it.

We also got two chairs for our newly converted extra bedroom to den.  It's still in progress.  Will show you when it's done.  I got three super-cute plant hangers too.  As soon as I can get to Hobby Lobby (planned ASAP) to get some fake greenery for them and get them hung, I'll show you those too.


*******************
I would love to end this post with a "cute" picture of me in a tiny bikini, but darn...my camera batteries are low.  Oh, and I have lots of common sense.
Letting go now...really!
Bye!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only one that speaks their mind. I agree with you 100%! The dress is so cute. I too print too many patterns with the intention to complete the all! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your so funny...I love your posts. I also love Priscillas blanket looks amazing. That is on my to do list also.. Hey at least were not in bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dissapointed there are no swim suit pics on this post ! :) Cute baby dress ! The border is done , come see it ,( still have 9,000 ends to sew in) but , I love it !Thanks again !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts brighten my day Pammy Sue. Even when you're angry about something you do it so well. The dress is beautiful - hope you find the pattern. Love to Ollie. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dang it, I wanted to see you in a bikini!!!! Love the baby dress! Love the rug! Love your flower blanket, love Priscilla's!!!! Love that you have a gazillion projects going!! Love you!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the flag is just too cute. But, please please please finish those flowers kiddo. I know you want to start this adorable baby dress, which I think is Jap.too. But, no, the G.B. is not going to allow that to happen....he-he...
    OK, it's just after 8 and the bug man arrived un-announced and woke me up to do the outside of the house. It's going to be one of those days. Out cold from a 3am Benadryl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are funny and cute to boot. For now and all those wips, It Is Ok. Be one with the 'roid Chaos and keep on writing cuz you make me smile.. Alabama says Hey :) Make more cake.. maybe something fruity like peach or???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how in time your camera batteries were low! :) The baby dress looks gorgeous, I love the rug and thanks for the link to that beautiful blanket, the flower one you made is just awesome!
    Great weekend to you and yours!!!
    Best, LS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure I have a pattern that is just like that dress, it was in a phildar baby knit book from way back, I'll see if I can dig it out of the deoths of the craft room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥