Sunday, June 03, 2012

Sunday

I've had a couple of requests for this pattern.  You can find the link for it on my Ravelry page HERE.  Everyone seems to think it is a poncho, but it's a triangle-shaped shawl.  It looks like a poncho because of the way it is hanging on the hanger.

Of course, on a week when I have less time to crochet, what do I get in the mail??
My Serenity Garden yarn for the Harlequin Shawl (aka Shit-Fit Shawl).  It was sitting on my porch yesterday afternoon when I went out for the mail.  It feels so soft and yummy.  I can't wait to start.  I'm going to work some before the NASCAR race and then some more after the race, but maybe I can get a few rows of crochet in during the race.  Or I may just wait until this evening when I'm relaxed and can enjoy it more.

I have about 40 more flower squares left to make, and I have about 20 more finished sitting in the dining room waiting to be attached.  Don't think I have set it aside, because I have not.

Lastly...
The Cranberry Bag

I will be crocheting the straps later.  Those leather ones are just temporary.  That ribbon is also temporary.  I don't have any right now that is as wide as I would like it.  See previous entry for the free pattern link.

I've gotta work and get a jump on the week.  See ya.

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh that yarn looks great. I have so many projects going right now. I can't wait till I can start the "shit fit shawl" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crochet! Relax, enjoy the race, and have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bag in the cranberry color. I have seen the pattern before, but it didn't look appealing until I saw yours. How big did it turn out to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous purse and that yarn looks so yummy. Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with your busy week.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shawl! You are really going to like that Serenity Yarn, it works up so pretty!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you talking to me? I mean about the blanket being put up. You know I'm watching....lol..... Hey, I love the colors of this yarn and can't wait to see it worked up. Maybe, I could make a shawl to get back in the swing. Who knows? Right? I have to do something. Today we went to the city to the Maxwell St Market {mex.} then over to ChinaTown. Ethnic are we not... A whole case of Red Peppers now cut up with my next favorite knife from some Chinese Market store. I will have to pick you up on next time we go down. Just started Italian Turkey Hot Sausage with some of the peppers in Spag. Sauce in the crockpot for tomorrow. Sorry, about all the ramblin' here. Did I miss another NASCAR...oooops....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your shawl .. very pretty. Must print out the pattern for later. The bags are so professional looking - you should go into business :) As I type this, Ollie is peeping at me from the bottom of my screen - he's just way too cute !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new yarn. Does it just not figure that a body is busiest when there is something new to play with! can't wait to see all your flowers joined up. The purse is so cute. My girl, you have so many projects going you are making my head spin!
    Have a great week.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I missed this post! Cute bag and pretty yarn!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥