Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Granny Bag & Cake


I'm making this granny square to make one of THESE.  I'm not really sure that I can understand these instructions on the pattern site very well.  I'm confused by the instructions of where and how many rows of sc to crochet after the big square is done.  We shall see how it turns out.  You can see lots of other people's bags using this pattern HERE (pattern link is there too).  Looks like some of them had problems too, because I can see that they don't have the side stitches as they should be either (at least it looks that way when looking at the pattern graph.
  

I made this cake yesterday.  The recipe came from DEBRA.  Thanks for sending this to me, Deb!  I have the most awesome readers.  Deb said she didn't mind if I shared it with y'all today on my blog so here's the recipe:

Saucy Apple Swirl Cake

¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 pkg. Yellow Cake Mix
15-oz. Jar applesauce
3 eggs

Heat oven to 350°.  Grease and flour 12-cup bundt cake pan.

In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.

In large bowl, blend cake mix, applesauce, and eggs until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Pour ½ of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar mixture.  Cover with remaining batter.

Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 25 minutes; turn onto serving place. Cool completely.

Dust with powdered sugar. 



The Captain is usually very picky about eating anything that's not chocolate, and he loves this cake.  You can see that he's nearly devoured it.  He puts it in the microwave for a few seconds and gets it hot, and then he slathers it with butter!  Ahhhhh!  My ass is probably growing just from typing that.  Hmpf!  Men.

17 comments:

  1. Love your choice of colors for the bag . . looks like an apple orchard in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty colors in that yarn! I printed up that recipe, I love cinnamon coffee cakes! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors for the bag; I'm sure it will work out, even if it doesn't look like the picture.
    The cake looks yummy; I think I gained half a pound reading the recipe!
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pammy Sue, you did good on the cake!! Looks great! ~~~ Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the bag FINISHED....he-he... I'll have to keep this cake in mind. Looks easy. Well, it's off to bed here. Will check in manana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum .. might give this one a try soon. Good luck with your bag - looking good so far and the colours are great. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks so yummy!!! And so does the granny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color you are choosing looks so beautiful! I believe you bag will come out gorgoues! Thank you for sharing the link, I will surely make one! Your cake looks so yummy, wish I can enjoy it!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great cake Pammy Sue. My ass is probably growing just from reading this blog !!!
    Can't wait to see the finished bag.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you need any help with the pattern, just let me know :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bag design looks very nice..hope you can figure out the pattern !

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my, I love that bag pattern! I cannot wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope your bag turns out! it's so cute (and I love your colors) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It says the webpage cannot be found when I click on the link. :o( The cake looks yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum. Square and Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to try both the bag pattern and this cake. Both look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your color choices for the granny bag! Would you be willing to share your yarn choice and colorways? I checked your ravelry page, but didn't see it. Cant wait to see the finished bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥