Sunday, June 24, 2012

Flag Re-Do


I spent the morning finishing up the 13 stars for this and tea-staining all the "whites."  It didn't work.  The stars turned out a murky brown and the stripes turned out brownish-pink because the red bled on them.  It bled over on these bottom antique white ones too, but at least I can rinse it in the washer again after I'm finished and they will all match.  You can see that I was able to salvage the bottom half of the flag and only have to re-do the last half.  I just couldn't give my daddy anything less than my best.  I'm VERY happy he's still around and I'm able to make him something.  So what if I have to re-do it?  It's not that big of a deal and the ripples are fun to do anyway.

Some of you asked if my dad was ex-military, and yes, he retired from the Air Force back in the early 1970s after 20 years of service.
Hope y'all had a nice weekend.
Enjoy your Sunday evening.

8 comments:

  1. Hey...it looks like you were able to save more than I thought. It will take you no time to get this back in order. Is there no way too save the stars? Is this weekend over yet? So bored and S is watch HGTV downstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pammy so sorry on the tear out.... I hate taking 2 steps back, but your dad is going to love it when you get it perfect... I don't mind tearing out, I really hate when someone brings me an afghan or a slipper that got caught in the washer and wants it fixed... that can drive me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am sooooo inspired by your waving flag! I want to make one! Right now I'm making a slouchie hat for my DIL.. when I get that done I think I'll try one of these! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks you had to rip so much out..I do really like this blanket ,Can you tell us where you got the pattern ? Hope your Dad loves it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are so focused on getting it right! Anything worth doing is worth being perfect. I'd feel the same way. I never mind ripping (when necessary) because I can't stand knowing there's a boo boo in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I'm so glad that you decided to fix it and YES, your dad deserves to have it be as good as you can make it for him. You are blessed to still have him in your life that is for sure =)

    I like to start projects, too and then not finish them. I think I get in over my head and can't decided on borders and stuff like that. But I am getting closer to picking up my hook again real soon and finish some of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry the dying didn't work but oh that is really nice. I really like it....~~Debb

    ReplyDelete
  8. He'll love it just because you made it for him! You are very lucky to still have him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥