Tuesday, May 15, 2012

M-O-R-O-N

002

So I was making some cheese toast for a late lunch a few minutes ago and forgot about it.  It burned.  Looks delish, no?

003

So I got out two more pieces of bread and cheese and started over.  I burned those too.  I have the attention span of a flea.

This is how I’ve been for at least a month now.  I think I’m losing it or getting a rapid onset of Alzheimer's.

I banned myself from the kitchen and ate a can of peaches for lunch instead.

005

I have managed to make 53 middle circles for the flower blanket.  Earlier I did something really nerdy and I calculated exactly how long it takes me to make 1 circle, multiplied that by 99 (the number needed), and divided by 60, which will gave me the time.  Per my calculations, it will take 3.3 hours to make all 99.  That would be without any interruptions and without sewing in any of the ends.  I figure you can add another 45 seconds or so for each one to sew in two ends, so now your total is about 4 hours just to make the middles!

Thank you, Poindexter.  Now go tape up the nose of your glasses and make the rest.

7 comments:

  1. Ban yourself from the kitchen!
    LOL that is hilarious.
    Wish that would work in my house.
    :o)

    But I loved cold canned peaches and especially with a slice of pound cake. yum!

    Your getting me in to trouble here!

    Okay Poindexter...get those flowers done.

    he he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your cheese toast matched your centers. But, let's call it a day today and no more cooking my friend. It's not in the cards for you this Tuesday....he-he... Hey, guess what, no JD again...hip-hip-hooray. Off to work on my spagetti dinner. Nothing fancy, sauce out of the freezer. And garlic toast, hamburger buns. Who goes tonight is the big question. It's a hard one to figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Aunt calls it sometimers :) And I am right there with you. I have been so stressed over the last couple of months that I have burned several meals, went to walk out to go to the store...only to notice I forgot my shoes, or get to the store and realize I forgot my purse. Ugh! I would forget my head if it wasn't attached!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better I showed up for my dentist appointment today and it is next week. I swear I think it is too much stress.
    Hang in there,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last week I was putting water in the spa. It is an above ground spa, outside our bedroom on the patio. I put the hose in, closed the top, proceeded to walk away. Finished dinner. Sat down to dinner. Ate dinner. Then..CRAP..I remembered the hose. Spa filled to the tippy top. Patio filled to the tippy top. Planters filled to the tippy top. Blew a fuse!!! Husband cussing. Me baling water!!! Sheesh...it wasn't pretty. We all do it. Lovin' the stats on the flowers circles!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! You know what it is don't you? It's TOO MUCH CRAP rolling around in your head!! You have plenty of company, believe me. I've been bad in the past about putting something on the stove to cook and walk outside to do something real quick, only to get distracted, and do this and that, and all of a sudden it hits me. OMG I left something on the stove. It's a wonder I haven't burned the place down yet. But yet a watched pot never boils right???? You are definitely not a moron. Happy Humpday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coming to your blog! You always make me smile. :)

    You are killing me with the burnt cheese thing! If we were closer, I'd take you out to lunch! :)

    I can't wait to see what happens with your lovely new afghan. :)

    Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥