Monday, May 14, 2012

Jibber-Jabber

004
New yarn colors for the Flowery Blanket.  They are prettier in person.  I didn’t get good pictures today.  The green is greener, the gold is brighter, etc.  I hate shitty pictures.  Plus, I got pissed off at Hobby Lobby.  They had ONE register open with about 10 people in line.  There was an employee standing there acting like she was completely engrossed in looking at an inventory list or something, so I yelled out, “Can you get another checker up here please?”  She ignored me even though I know she heard me.  I was only standing 20 feet away.  “HELLO!  CAN YOU GET ANOTHER CHECKER UP HERE PLEASE?  You have a long line here and only one checker open!”  It was impossible for her to ignore me again and everyone was staring at her at this point, so she reluctantly got on the loud speaker and asked for another checker.  GOD FORBID she check some of us out herself!  GAH.

I would have loved to have wrung her neck like a chicken, but I really wanted to take my yarn home instead of going to jail so I refrained.

ANYWAY…the four skeins on the right side of the picture are Vanna’s, the two orange skeins are Cotton Tots, and the hot pink is ILTY.  I was really happy because last time I was at H.L. I saw that orange Cotton Tots yarn and really loved the color and almost bought it at $5.99 per skein, and today it was in the clearance bin for $2.99!  SCORE!
002
So here is another shitty picture of my first flower and some middles.  (That is not the orange Cotton Tots.  It’s Vanna’s)  I have only 88 more middles and 98 more flowers to go!  Ha-ha.  I shall not get in a hurry, and I shall enjoy every stitch of this blanket.  If you want to make one with me, drop me an email at PammySue8@gmail.com and I will help you “find” the pattern.  Winking smile  I wouldn't normally do that, but it is a very old magazine and hard to get your hands on a copy, and as far as I know, you can't get it anywhere else.

FYI…the afghan pictured in my last entry is done slightly different from the pattern.  I like the way she did it better than the written pattern.  I also have a link for a tutorial on how to do the joining method that she used.  The pattern has you whipstitch the squares together.

**************************

I had an MRI on my lower back this morning and I’m high on pain pills, muscle relaxers, and Xanax.  Weeeeeeee!  I am not responsible for any content here today, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I:

1.  Posted several entries today saying really stupid stuff.
2.  Passed out and didn’t post anything else at all.
3.  Made all 99 flowers for my blanket today (the pain pills make me hyper).
4.  Messed up every single thing I crochet today and have to frog it tomorrow and start over.
5.  Sit here all day with my mouth hanging open watching Fox News and worrying about world issues and why Shepard Smith looks so skinny.
6.  Send out emails to everyone I know telling them I either (A) really really love them or (B) really really hate them.
7.  Feed the dogs 7 times because I keep forgetting that I all ready fed them.
8.  You get the idea.

************************
Baby Pictures:
Fletch Puppy
Fletch Puppy Picture
Sammi32
Sammi Puppy Picture

*************************
Hows about a recipe?
Okay…

Girl Scout Stew
1 can beef broth
1 can tomato sauce
1 pound hamburger meat
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 chopped green pepper
1 cup instant rice
1 cup water
1 Tbsp butter

Brown hamburger, onions, and peppers; drain and add beef broth and tomato sauce.  Add rice, water, and 1 Tbsp butter.  Mix well.  Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat.  Let sit 10 minutes.  Taste and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder as desired.

EASY AND YUMMY!
I’m outta here.

10 comments:

  1. Always nice when you hold off and find the yarn at a better price, right? How annoying is that, when employees ignore the long lines. I haven't had that happen too often, which is good.

    I'm working on a few afghans. They're definitely long-tem projects. Perhaps I'll join you on this one? I saw the picture you posted a few days ago and that afghan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I forgot to post that I hope you feel better. About eight years, my doctor prescribed me some meds. I was having severe abdominal pains, and they did a lot of poking and prodding to figure out what was wrong.

    Anyway, the meds they gave me me flying high and feeling sick. I couldn't take them because they had me super whacky and nuttier than normal. ;) I was too afraid that I'd fall asleep when my daughter was awake. She was just an infant.

    Again, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand about the long line and only one cashier. Seems to be the money saving tactics of today. Forget customer service. Good for you for speaking up!

    Yes, I would like to have you help me find the pattern and would be interested in the tutorial link for the joining of the squares also.
    Pammy Sue...You are always sooo generous and I thank you. :o)

    Take good care...hope you feel better real soon.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, go lay down. We need you up for DWTS tonight. Those flowers are going to be fun. Are you truly going for a whole blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your humour Pammy Sue - so funny !! Glad you didn't wring that chick's neck and end up in jail. The baby pictures are soooo cute - oh and I reckon they wouldn't be too put out if you did feed them 7 times today. Take care and enjoy making your zillion flowers. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Love the yarn! Love the flowers! Love the blanket!!! Hate when you go someplace like that and there is one checker! INfuriates me!!!
    So...you think my scruffy brothers are your type eh? The one with the long white beard has looked like a bad ass for years. He was a body builder in his younger years, and he shaves his head and has had that long ZZ Top beard forever. Oh, he rides a Harley too. But he isn't nearly as mean as he looks. My other brother, the grey hair and grey beard, he is a pussycat too. My little brother....who is much younger, but nothing little about him, wasn't in the pic. Tee hee....don't tell the Captain...he might get jealous!!!!
    Love ya toots.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW ! you jumped right in there and started the blanket ! Cannot wait to see it come together..I am definately emailing you because I spent an hour googling trying to find that magazine !Hope you feel better !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about how crappy you say your pics are because they are not showing up today on my screen. The last ones I can see are the lovely granny blanket. The older I get the less tolerance I have for unconcerned store clerks. It is like I want to yell, "HELLO, THEY SAY THE ECONOMY IS SO BAD, AND I'M STANDING HERE TRYING TO SPEND SOME MONEY TO HELP GIVE YOU SOME JOB SECURITY!" The best one I saw was a gal who just had to yack on her cell phone while she was checking out my stuff. Then another was when standing at a Super K-Mart where there are 20 checkout lines and one register open with a dozen or so people standing in line. Then they wonder why K-Mart looses customers and has to close down some of their stores, heck, no one wants to go somewhere where they have to wait in line all day. No one values your time, and the older I get the more I realized that life is short and too short to be made to wait. I feel bad for you, the MRI is not a fun test, unless you can get an open MRI, you lay in a coffin-like tube. I had one last year and had to keep my eyes closed. Normally I do not suffer from panic attacks, but this was one time I felt like screaming, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" It is hard to function and have clear thoughts when medicated for pain, and when in pain it is easy to understand how easy it is to be hooked on the drugs. I was on bed rest for a week once for my back. The doc gave me xanax or ativan and I took 1 small tablet and laid in bed with my eyes closed thinking, "why can't I open my eyes. This is not good." Get some rest and don't do anything crazy. i.e. one should not go bungee jumping in your present state, lol. Let your husband know that the doc even tells you standing in front of the stove is not good, take out works well right now. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used CottonTots for a bunch of baby blankets.. it's great stuff. Adore the baby dog pix! Cute stuff! I'm excited to see your flower blanket.. it will be a beauty. Loved reading about your making that dumb person get another checker.. GOOD FOR YOU! I do stuff like that too. Sorry about your back hurting.. hugs hugs.

    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blanket is just beautiful! I hope your back is doing better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥