Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chain Link Joining Method

I don't know if this is the proper name for this kind of join or not, but it's what I'm calling it.  This is how I do it:


Chain Link Joining Method

FIRST SQUARE:  Attach yarn with an sc in any corner space.  Ch 4, sc in same space.  (Ch 4, sc in next space) across to next corner.  Ch 4, sc in same space.  Repeat this all the way around; fasten off.

Your first square is the ONLY square that you will do this with.  The rest will be joined as you crochet on one, two, or three sides.

Your first square will look like this when you are finished:
SECOND SQUARE:  Repeat method for first square across two sides of your square.  Stop after you have made the first sc in the third corner.  Ch 2, join to corner of first square by making an sc in the corner ch-4 loop, ch 2, sc in same corner space of second square.  Ch 2, sc into next ch-4 loop of first square, ch 2, sc into next ch-4 loop of second square.

Continue in this manner joining squares on the appropriate sides.

Note:  When you get to the point where you have adjacent squares (they only touch on the corners), join to the adjacent square's corner ch-4 loop.  This makes a more secure join and looks much neater.

I hope I have explained this adequately.  I don't want to take the time right now to make a full-blown tutorial with pictures for each step.  I did a brief look for this method on YouTube so I could provide you a link to it, but I didn't find it.

I hope this is helpful!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the lattice look of this joining method!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the flowers as they are finished off and joined. This is going to be one fine looking blanket Pammy!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Pammy Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your making this edging it really makes the square pop out. Your colors are wonderful you give me inspiration to try ths too. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥