Monday, April 23, 2012

Hippy Dress!

DSCF6198

How cute is this??!

DSCF6196

DSCF6192

I’ve been making this dress over the past few days testing the pattern for Ellen at WiLdAbOuTCoLoR.  She now has the pattern available in her Craftsy Shop HERE.  It was so much fun to make with all the colors.  You’ll see that she used different colors for her dresses, and she also used a different yarn.  I wish I could put this dress on and wear it!  Hee-hee.  Below is the info for the dress I made.

Pattern:  Hippy Baby Dress 

Yarn:  I Love This Yarn (Hobby Lobby)

Hook:  H

Size:  I made the Toddler size, but there are also instructions included in the pattern for a baby size dress.

Note:  Since I used a heavier worsted yarn than the pattern called for, I used a smaller hook also.  It still came out 1.5 inches bigger (10.5 inches across the chest).  The baby size dress came out 9.5 inches across the chest using this yarn and hook size.  If you use Caron Simply Soft as she did, both dresses come out one inch smaller across the chest.  Also, I extended the skirt to 20 rows since I made a bigger size and also because the color pattern I used needed another couple of rows so the black was evenly spaced.  I can also picture this dress using different colors of pinks and white.  It wouldn’t be as “hippy” looking, but it would be so cute and girlie.  I may make another one soon using those colors.  I just love making baby dresses!  They are so much fun.

Speaking of making baby dresses, after testing this pattern for Ellen, she has inspired me to try my hand at designing a dress pattern too.  I worked on it most of the day yesterday, crocheting, ripping out, crocheting, ripping out.  It takes a lot of work.  At least it does for my poor little brain!  Hopefully I can finish it and get it posted here soon.  That means I’ll have to reopen my Etsy shop too!

Thank you, Ellen, for allowing me to test your pattern.  I had a blast with it!

**************************

I have to get to work.

See ya!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh, there are no words to say how adorable I think that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just gorgeous, love it
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pammy Sue for helping me & your little HiPPy DReSS is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is so cute, and colorful too! I bet you had fun testing the pattern. Creating patterns is a lot of hard work, lol, that is why you don't see me doing one, I let someone else have all the fun and headache. I am a better follower than a leader any day.
    Have a fun week,
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, so, so cute. What's next? I must find my hook soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, very cute. Good luck with designing your own dress pattern - will look forward to seeing it. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to be selected to test it! I love it! What a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. Love it! Cute pattern and wonderful colors Pammy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so darn cute!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥