Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Girlie, Flowery, Bumpy, Lacy Pillow

Hey, Girlies! Well, here she is…

IMG_0738

IMG_0739

IMG_0745

IMG_0740

IMG_0749

Do you love her as much as I do?

Do ya?

The front flower pattern is a variation on the Catherine’s Wheel stitch.  The one that I most closely followed is HERE, however, I don’t think I did it exactly the same.  If you Google “Catherine’s Wheel Crochet Pattern,” you will find other free ones out there.  I used all cotton yarns in various brands for it.  My inspiration for this was found on my friend Anazard’s blog, Anazard Atelier.  Scroll to the very bottom of her home page and you will see her pillow and a link.  This is the one that I’ve swooned over for a long time.  She has a graph for the pattern she used, but I wasn’t able to follow it.  I just couldn’t figure it out and kept getting confused.  You’ll notice that every other round of flowers on hers are made with 2dctog, which looks really pretty.  Anazard is so talented at crochet, and all of her things are so feminine and beautiful.

The back of my pillow, which I absolutely love as much as the front, is Petunia Pill’s Rainbow Blanket stitch pattern.  I used Hobby Lobby, ILTY for it.  I loved crocheting this stitch!  I’m definitely going to use it again.  Go check it out.  She has some of the most adorable crochet on her blog.  I love all her stuff.  I can always count on her to inspire me!  I love you, Miss Petunia!  (Stalker alert! Hee-hee.)

small_heart small_heart small_heart

Updated to Add:  Jeez…we have tornadoes all around us right now!  I need to go watch TV.  They are showing at least three live on TV right now.  Yikes.

14 comments:

  1. Yup, I think I DOOOOO love it as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! I love her too PS. Don't you love it when a plan comes together like that? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very VERY cute (and girlie) indeed! love it :-) checking out your patterns and inspirations for future projects of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a lovely pattern and yours is just as pretty as the one you were drooling over. You are so right, it has a feminine look. It would be perfect for a bedroom. Thank you for sharing with us. TORNADOS! OH NOOOOOOOO!
    Stay safe! (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Pretty!! I love her!

    Stay Safe Pammy! It's going to be a bad year everywhere for Tornadoes what with the early warm weather and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pillow and Ms Petunia Pill is my fav. Hope you are feeling better.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, it's so summery! :D
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gooooooooooorgeous pillow!! Good job on doing something you've loved for so long. We just saw all the devastation of the tornadoes in Dallas.. are you guys ok? Stay safe!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhhh

    Myyyyyyyy

    Goddddddd!

    That pillow is ADORABLE! I will DEFINITELY be copying that sweet little thang! Pink, white and green are my FAV combination! One of the first pillows I ever made was in those colors! Now...if I only had a room in my home where I could use it! LOL

    And the back looks awesome! I just love that stitch!

    Tornadoes...holy moly! You take care...it looks very ominous from what we're seeing! Will await your next update to tell us you're ok.

    And THANK YOU for the oh so kind words. Shucks!

    Hugs from "The Pill".

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. That lacy border...must copy that too! It just puts that pillow over the top in the adorable category!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it Pammy Sue! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather is nuts! We had some just a day ago, a couple weeks ago and a week before that. I'm so horrified of tornado & hurricane weather. Glad it didn't come close to you. Mother nature is sure showing her power for over a year now....whats to come?

    Love you pink pillow :')

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pillow! It's beautiful. :)

    Thanks for the link, I now have to go admire her things, too.

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your kitty and pillows you have made . The kitty is really neat I love how you can pose him many ways. Have a happy Easter my friend take care be well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥