Thursday, March 29, 2012

Something is Rotten…

In my fridge!

 

IMG_0698

I’m positive Fletch purposefully struck a pose for me.

I have nothing else to post about (except a polar bear with no arms or legs) so I’m going to show you what we had for dinner tonight and link to the recipes.  I haven’t had a chance to properly look through those old recipes from the estate sale yet, but I will definitely share the ones I try and are keepers.

I’ve been wanting to try this chicken recipe for awhile now.  Unfortunately, when I opened my package of chicken thighs to prepare them, THEY STUNK!  They were ruined!  GAH.  How freakin’ gross.

So instead of what I had planned, we had the below recipe with a large can of chicken breast meat and some snow peas along with the rest of the ingredients.  The other one will have to wait until I get to the grocery store for some fresh chicken.  Grrrr.  I hate it when a dinner plan falls apart at the last second.

Well, I forgot to take a picture of it!  Things are just not going well for posting today.

We had Chinese Fried Rice.  Find the recipe HERE.  I used brown rice (baked) and less oil for the health factor.

IMG_0694

And instant Peach Iced Tea.

With REAL sugar…gasp!

5 comments:

  1. I just had the EXACT same experience last weekend (with the skunky chicken). Good God. I don't know that I'll be able to face chicken for a very long time. That is THE WORST odor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure looking forward to your Polar Bear! I gave Teddy #3 to Gabriel tonight at dinner at Tads Chickn' n' Dumplins. Crispy fried chicken made in an iron skillet and all with a view of the Sandy River rushing by. Nice time we had. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that peach iced tea! And I've had that happen with chicken before. If I even think something is spoiled it's in the trash!! Or the woods. There are cats around (next door) who don't mind something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I haven't heard from you in a while! 'Course I'm so busy during the days, but my 'puter time is usually VERY early in the morning, or VERY late at night. Anyways, funny I had JUST printed this same recipe before I got here.. Can't wait to try it, but I think Dear Son is going to love it even more than I will! Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that picture of Fletch. It's a keeper for sure. So, I'll send you an email with the update. I've been "a raven" here the last few days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥