Wednesday, March 28, 2012

She Bear & Recipe

IMG_0683

I finished her last night.  I love the colors, don’t you?  The striped yarn is ILTY and the pink is cotton ILTC.  I’m getting better the more I do.  I’m starting yet another one today…a polar bear.  I’m addicted to making them.

I’ve been told by Professionals that I have an “addictive personality.”  Really?  When can I come see you again, doctor?  Tomorrow?  Can I come the next day too?  I like coming here.  I want to see you every day.  Hee-hee.  Not really.  I just made all that up because I’ve had too much coffee today.  I’m, um, addicted to caffeine.  Hmm…

Am I making sense at all?

I feel like I’m not.

Oh well…it’s not the first time!

*************************************

IMG_0681

We had this last night for dinner.

Here’s how I made this:

 

BRUSCHETTA

1 loaf of French Bread

Butter or Margarine (Or Olive Oil)

Chopped & Seeded Roma Tomatoes (8-10)

Fresh Pearl-Size Mozzarella Balls (8-oz packed in water)

4-5 Chopped Green Onions

1 Tbsp dried Basil

3 Cloves Garlic Chopped

1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Salt & Pepper

(Use whatever amounts you like of each ingredient.  These are the amounts I used for 1/2 a loaf of bread or about 8-10 slices.)

 

Drain Mozzarella balls (I said balls!) and place in a medium bowl.  Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Slice bread and place on a large baking sheet.  Spread with butter, margarine, or olive oil. Broil bread until browned and remove from oven.  Spoon tomato mixture on top of hot, toasted bread.  Serve immediately.  (This is also good with torn fresh basil leaves, parmesan, cilantro, avocado…use whatever ingredients you like!)  Some people like balsamic vinegar sprinkled over it too!  It’s good!  If you have any topping ingredients left over, use them in scrambled eggs.  It’s wonderful!  I’M HUNGRY, aren’t you?

About those Mozzarella Balls…

(Hee, I said balls again!)

IMG_0690

I got these at Whole Foods.  They came in this tub and were packed in water.  There was some packed in brine, so be sure and read the container.  I don’t know what the ones in brine taste like or how they’d work with this.  I guess they’d be okay, but there is a difference.  If you’ve never had fresh Mozzarella balls, they are really mild and don’t have much taste (in my opinion).  You can use any type of cheese you want, I suppose.  I’ve probably just offended a cheese snob somewhere.  That is, if I didn’t all ready offend EVERYONE with my stupid BALLS joke.  Ha-ha-ha.  Oh, relax! 

Balls, Balls, Balls!

Bye!

IMG_0675

8 comments:

  1. Okay . . . you have gotten me with this bear . . what pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness Gracious....great BALLS of fire!!! Love those bears. Dinner looked amazing!!!!
    : ) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your balls look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bears (this and last post) are adorable. The bruschetta has made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some balls.. of cheese.. :-)

    That bear is adorable and can't wait to see the polar bear!! Roarrrr!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those balls. I use them in casseroles too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little she-bear looks really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK friend this is amazing...I just added cukes chopped fine and used basil and red onions. Toasted bread with rosemary and kosher salt and did the same as you! YUM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥