Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tuna Burgers/Patties

IMG_0252

I’m struggling with finding new healthy, clean recipes to keep our diet interesting.  I saw THIS RECIPE yesterday and thought I’d give it a try today for lunch.  I’m eating these two patties now, and they’re really good.  You could have them on a wheat bun like a burger, but I preferred to eat them by themselves with a squirt of lemon.  Here’s how I made these since some of the measurements in that link are in grams:

 

1 can Chunk White Tuna in Water, drained

1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats

1-2 Tbsp finely chopped celery

1-2 Tbsp finely chopped onion

Mrs. Dash Original, to taste

Pinch of Kosher Salt

Black Pepper, to taste

1 egg white

Lemon to squeeze on top.

 

Dump all ingredients except lemon into a small bowl.  Stir with a fork until well combined.  Form into two equal-sized patties.  Heat a skillet and spray with non-stick spray.  Cook patties until browned on both sides (1-2 minutes per side).  Serve on a wheat bun or bagel thin with hamburger fixins, or just eat ‘em with a fork with a squirt of lemon and/or ketchup.

IMG_0258

Now that I’ve tried these and like them, I’ll probably make them for the Captain for dinner with a salad and a side or two.  They’re a lot like salmon patties, but they stink way less!

See Ya!

11 comments:

  1. Those sounds really good (and healthy). I found a new website (to me anyway) that has a lot of great recipes; http://www.skinnytaste.com/. I've been making salmon patties lately and we all like them, but this is a great alternative if you don't care for salmon. Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious AND easy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Pammy Sue these look soo good! Thanks for sharing with us.. Making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salmon patties and didn't even think about using tuna! Doh! Don't worry about your blog slump. It happens to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good and yummy for sure! We're going to head off to Chinese for lunch and have the leftovers for dinner. Say, I love the fresh new header! Nice!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to try these...they look awesome! Love that you share your recipes with us! Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of the Salmon Patties Mom used to make when we were growing up . . still have to top mine with sweet picke relish. 55(+/-) year old eating habits are hard to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look yummy. Can you tell me what Mrs Dash Original is please? We don't have that in Australia. I'm wondering if its anything like Worcestershire sauce or what? Love to Ollie (and the others) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sound yummy. While I'm not a big turkey burger person, a friend of mine mixes ground turkey, worstershire sauce, oregano and a small amount of chopped greek olives and feta cheese. She and her kids love them. Maybe worth a try?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy. While I'm not big on ground turkey, a friend mixes in oregano, worschestershire sauce, a tiny bit of chopped greek olives and feta cheese and her and her kids love it. Worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL .... sorry Pammy Sue - I may have commented twice. I didn't notice the first time that it required owner approval. Anyhow, good luck on the healthy eating. Its very hard, I know all to well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥