Saturday, February 04, 2012

Round Ripple Ta-Dah!

All finished…

DSCF6086

The pictures did not turn out very well at all.

DSCF6088

They’re all slightly blurry.

My camera is bad about that and it’s pissing me off.

DSCF6089

Pattern:  December 2011 issue of Crochet World

Yarn:  I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby

Hook:  H

Size:  52 inches from tip to tip

Border:  I did one round of hdc in rust and one round in peacock, then the last round is the sedge stitch in turquoise.  Basically the sedge stitch is 1 sc & 2 dc in same stitch, skip two stitches, repeat.  You can Google it and find exact instructions.  I did the tips a little bit different to make them more even-looking.  In the first space of the tips I did 1 sc and 2 dc in the space, ch1, fptc, ch 1, then in the second space of the tip I did 2 dc and 1 sc.

Yea!  I’m so glad I finished this!  I enjoyed making it, but those last few rounds are killers.  They seem to go on forever.  I’m not sure what I’m going to do with this one yet.  I’m just going to stare at it a while and think about it.  I really don’t have a place for these colors in my house.

Paw Divider Bar

 DSCF6092

Ollie went to the vet yesterday for a check of his splint.  He got a new clean wrap of tape.  The vet said it was too early to do an x-ray just yet.  We will take him back in two weeks for that.  But he seems to be feeling great and there is no sign of an infection or anything like that, so all is well.  Again, I want to thank all of you for asking and caring and thinking about him since this happened.  I love my bloggie friends!

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Good job. I'm still staring at my last 5 rows and borders. I know I need to finish it up too. You are such an inspiration on this one. Well, isn't The Ol's us the cutest today all American and all. Or is he getting ready to cheer on New England tomorrow. Time to pop in the shower and get ready for dinner out. Some errands to run on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your round ripple is very pretty Pammy Sue! Did you give yours a name? I'm on my last two rounds of mine and I can confirm it seems like the round goes on forever. I love your adorable little Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Round Ripple Pammy! I love Southwestern colors but my house is small so I really dont have a place for southwestern colors in my house like I'd like.

    Ollie is so cute- hopefully things will have improved when you take him for an xray. He's all Red and Blue... is that for the Patriots? Or just american colors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is very pretty Pammy Sue, I like the colors you put together. Glad Ollie got a good report and continues to do well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your round ripple turned out gorgeous! So graphic and pretty! Lil Ollie looks so healthy and ready to play. I hope he gets the cast off as soon as possible and be able to enjoy more freedom.

    What's going on with your camera? I'm having a devil of a time figuring out my new one. I'm getting fuzzy shots too.. argh.

    We're having a gorgeous sunny day here and no plans! Ahhh..... nice.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Round Ripple looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blanket!

    Cute Ollie!

    I got my mitts. LOVE 'EM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours in your ripple :D What made you choose those colours if they don't go in your home? Just curious :D
    Ollie is looking well and his crochet bandage wrap is soo cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad Ollie is doing okay! Miss Lulu is great. I took her to the local dog park yesterday and she had a great time. Everyone who sees her just falls in love with her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue in MI10:06 PM

    Pammy Sue your round ripple turned out very very pretty....I after a month just got my copy of the magazine so now I can finally get my yarn ....not sure what colors yet....I am so HAPPY Ollie is doing well...Prayers continue every nite....Give him a kiss for me......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue in MI10:09 PM

    P.S. I keep forgetting to tell you I just love his splint cozies

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a suggestion on your camera issue. Are you using automatic focus? If so, are you pushing down on the shutter button a little bit - which allows it to auto focus and it typically beeps a little to let you know it's done so...and THEN pushing the button all the way? My daughter had this issue when she started using auto focus and she was just pushing the button like she used to with her little point and shoot. A full push to start the process doesn't give the camera a chance to auto focus.

    I'm getting ready to start a round blanket...last one I did I frogged after completing because I hated it...we'll see if I like this one better.

    So glad Ollie is doing well. He's so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Congrats on finishing your round ripple. It is beautiful and I love the colors.So glad to hear Ollie is better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your round ripple came out great - the colors go well together. Glad to hear Ollie's doing good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the round ripple. It's still my favorite style of afghan. Good news about Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a very pretty blanket..and I am happy to hear that Ollie is doing so well..I miss your videos..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blanky turned out great! I love those colors together, who would have thought huh? Maybe Miss Harper would like it! :o)

    Love me some Ollie. Glad he's doing ok. He's such a cute little booger. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. RR looks great! I like your border too! And I agree, the last couple of rounds were killer - so much that I still can't pick mine up and weave in the ends...

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's awesome! I love the colors you used. :)

    So glad to hear that sweet Ollie is doing well. He's just so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pammy Sue,
    I love the way your afghan turned out. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥