Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ollie-Wally Update

Ollie and I just got back from the vet…

IMG_0389

He got his splint off today.

All looks great on the x-rays!

IMG_0392 He is not using that leg at all though.  He tries to put it down every now and then, but he jerks it back up like it hurts.  That is exactly what the vet said he would do.  He should start using it a little at a time, and his muscles will build up again and help support it.  He has to stay in his pen another 10 days.  If anything should happen such as a fall or another dog accidentally jumps on that leg while playing, it will most likely snap again.  It is still very delicate and we have to be very careful.  I am so thankful that it healed so perfectly and all is well so far.

Nothing else is news.

Bye!

19 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done, Ollie! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT!! This is exactly what the other little puppy did that broke its legs.... it took a while for him to start using them again after the splints came off so hopefully Ollie will be running again in no time! Great to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww glad everything looks good. I bet you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news. He is looking good. I just got home from a long day. More test for me and got my Mom through her eye surgery {corrective for crossing} and she is now home recupping. I'm bet and will probably hit the hay very early tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh how exciting. I was just thinking about Ollie before I opened this post. Such great news that everything has turned out well. Give him a big hug for his 'downunder aunty' xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ollie probably wonders what all the fuss was about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaay for Ollie! So glad he healed properly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news! He'll probably want to be chasing the others before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sha little Ollie. Glad to hear everything is good. He'll be running around playing (after those caged days) in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that he's doing much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is such great news Pam!!! Such great news!!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hip Hip Hooray!!! Glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it was sooooooo nice to see his cute little leg without the cast! I'm so happy he's doing well! I had a double take when you called him Ollie Wally - as my Dad's name was Wally. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww...Bless his little heart!! He does look good...I am so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! All better. How awesome is that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super Duper Ollie! I would be so scared something would happen to it. Poor baby. I'm so glad it healed good. Good boy!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best news I've heard today, Pam, thanks. He's so darn cute. Can't wait til I can have a doggie friend, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥