Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Freakin’ Cute!

IMG_0375

IMG_0378

I love it!

I’ve been seeing a lot of this watermelon crochet stuff for months now, but I hadn’t tried any myself.  I bought a couple of patterns yesterday, and this was one of them.  Yes, the Cheap-Ass bought some patterns!  LOL.  I’m so glad I did.  This one turned out super-cute.  I can’t wait to see my grand daughter in it.  Thank you, Petunia Pill, for inspiring me.  And thanks to Ellen at WiLDaBoUtCoLoR for the pattern.  See her sidebar for the pattern purchase link.  The only thing I changed was the straps.

Oh, Lordie…I just realized I forgot the seeds on the yoke!  Well, crap!  I’ll just have to show you more pictures when I get those put on.  I was so excited when I finished the straps, I forgot that part.  I still get so excited every time I finish something.  You’d think I’d never made anything in my life.  Ha-ha.  I get emotionally attached to everything too.  I think I have a brain defect.  The part of my brain that controls emotion is WAY too sensitive.  Someone needs to invent a pill for that.

ANYWAY, I digress…

Let me share another recipe with you now.

IMG_0369

Here it is, and it’s WAY better than it sounds.

Click on the recipe title to get the recipe:

Mexican-Style Brown Rice Casserole

IMG_0371

Can you see the layers?

Yum-yum!

Note:  I added a lot less cheese because of the diet thing.  I used MAYBE 1/4 cup on top of the refried bean layer.  I used mozzarella and it was all melty and stringy…Mmm!

************************

Gotta Run.

See ya!

15 comments:

  1. That is really adorable!!! She'll look so precious in it. =)
    Your recipe looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling! Even without the seeds! And the rice looks amazing! I make a rice dish called Company Rice that is to die for too!!! Looks kind of similar.
    How is Ollie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said DIGRESS . . . my favorite word of all words.

    LOVE watermelon dresses for summer . . they always look so fresh and cool.

    Do you have a watermelon hat to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got that right. Freakn' cute to boot. What a doll your little grandbaby girl will be.

    That casserole looks might good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable, Pammy! Love what you did with the straps. I SOOOO understand the excitement about being done! Every completion makes me giddy! It's fun to have projects that are quick to complete and give us that high relatively quickly! Hey, I went to Joann Fabrics and found some "Naturally Caron" Joy that is a color kinda close to watermelon...I'm going to do another dress in a different pattern using the new color. We'll see how it comes out! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoOoOove the dress! Please please please put her in the dress and take photos to share with us! :-) That rice looks downright YUM.. I'm sooooo hungry from swimming today.

    OH.. and I got a major kick out of your Oscar "show". Angelina is wayyyyy too skinny and her stance was so un-natural. Goodness sakes.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress you made it is so adorable pretty colors too. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, sweet, waaaaayyyy too cute, waaah I miss having real small girls about the house to make cute dresses for!!!!!!
    Liking that rice dish too YUM
    We eat lots of rice so I'll be trying that :D
    Have a great day Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is really cute and the recipe you shared looks really yummy. Hope your week is going well. Looking forward to seeing the seeds on the dress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granddaughter will be adorable in her little watermelon dress!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pammy!....swEEt, sWeeT, SWEET! Outstanding work here & the straps are deviNE! Your granddaughter is going to look very swEEt in this little watermelon dress. Wouldn't this be swEEt for Easter? A headband would be cute too with this. Your meal looks deliSH tooo! :'} huGGGggss

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that dress, I am finishing up a Watermelon bag I was working on last year,, and the recipe,,,, yummy...will have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, that is really cute. I still get that rush when I finish something but then I'm left with wondering 'what's next?' Hope my little man is doing good! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pammy Sue..I had to go back and look..I thought I saw seeds..lol now who is losing it. It is funny

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZINGLY CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Pls show us a pic when she wears it.

    Here's a tip for ya. If the straps fall when she wears it, take out the stitching holding down the straps at the back and sew on red buttons to each of the straps. Then cross the straps at the back and button them thru the crochet. You could even use watermelon buttons. My daughter hated it when straps would fall from her shoulder. She could even wear it for a longer time as she grows, just change where it buttons onto the back. Have a great day Pam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥